Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prohibited Weapons in Canada.

This one is for Canadian LEO's.

Is the bayonet considered a prohibited weapon?

Thanks.

Originally posted by scottd
    This one is for Canadian LEO's.

Is the bayonet considered a prohibited weapon?

Thanks.
    Here are some links to the Criminal Code
    - CC Part III - Firearms and Prohibited Weapons:
    http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/C-46/42061.html
    - Prohibited Weapons Order
    http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/C-46/SOR-98-462/index.html

Basically, unless you are in the military and on maneuvres, there is NO reason for you to have a bayonet mounted on a firearm, so we could PROBABLY find a section of the CC that applies.
    #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
    Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
    RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
    Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
    "Smile" - no!

Comment

I've searched the CC before and found nothing specific to bayonets, and the case I am considering does not involve firearms. The subject is carrying the bayonet on his person.

Confusing, I know.

Comment

I've searched the CC before and found nothing specific to bayonets, and the case I am considering does not involve firearms. The subject is carrying the bayonet on his person.

Confusing, I know.
        Dependent on the circumstances of the carry:

"Carrying concealed weapon
        90. (1) Every person commits an offence who carries a weapon, a prohibited device or any prohibited ammunition concealed, unless the person is authorized under the Firearms Act to carry it concealed.

Punishment
        (2) Every person who commits an offence under subsection (1)

(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years; or

(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 90; 1991, c. 28, s. 6, c. 40, ss. 4, 35; 1994, c. 44, s. 6; 1995, c. 39, s. 139."
        "Smile" - no!

Comment

Prohibited weapons in Canada

Your question was very well answered, and it didn't cost you a dime. Leave the bayonet at home.

Comment

.... The subject is carrying the bayonet on his person.
            It ain't him carrying and its specifically directed at the Brothers up North.
            Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?
            --------------------------------------------------
            Common sense... the LEAST COMMON of all of the senses.
            --------------------------------------------------
            Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

Comment

Canada

An urban myth is the Canada Armed Forces.
              I could beat them with one SF Group.
              The Canada Police is another. You are on your own. The BG`s do not care what rules Ottawa passes.
              I used to hunt and fish there. Those days are gone, for now.
              Times change.
              Have fun living without Americans. You are in the toilet.
              Last edited by marshaldan; 08-25-2005, 06:32 AM. Reason: nc

Comment

Prohibited weapons in Canada

Always thought the Canadian Armed Forces had a pretty good reputation still do. Visiting Canada beats the hell out of visiting our neighbors to the South in any event. How much illegal immigration do we have from Canada? My point is, it can't be all that bad there, and the Canadian Armed Forces probably have something to do with that. Just my two cents though. Doesn't have a thing to do with the original thread/question either. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by marshaldan
                  The Canada Police is another. You are on your own. The BG`s do not care what rules Ottawa passes.
                  Times change.
                  You obviously ARE "ghostsix", COL. Daniel A. Ness, INF.,(ABN.),U.S.A.(RET.)
                  Marshal, Council Bay, Wi. who USED to post on this forum!

I have never been a member of the Canadian Forces, but they do what my Federal Government orders them to do, and do what they can with the resources that they are given. The CF are no different in that respect from the various branches of the US military organizations. CF members are as hard working, dedicated and proud of their organization as any US military member.

I apologize to the rest of you for my extending the high-jacking of this thread, but I felt that this post absolutely required a public response
                  Last edited by PeteBroccolo; 08-25-2005, 11:16 PM.
                  "Smile" - no!

Comment

Times change.
                    Ask any service US military member about the Canadian forces...our snipers have been awarded medals for their 50 cal long range shots. Pound for pound we measure up with any other forces in the world.

Marshaldan it sounds like you came up here and drank a mess of our beer...forgetting how strong it is...then blamed the hangover on us! Come on up again...your dollar is worth at least $1.22 any day up here....and we don't think our Govt is worth #$%^& either.

Comment

Times change.
                      Oh No.. you just didn't make fun of the Canadian Forces did you?

The longest-ever recorded and confirmed sniper kill was made by Master Corporal Arron Perry of the Canadian Forces in Afghanistan during combat in 2003. Using a .50-caliber (12.7 mm) MacMillan TAC-50 rifle, Perry shot and killed an opposing combatant soldier from a distance of 2,430 metres(1.5 miles).

I have an idea for you, read a book, and watch some NEWS that occurs beyond your city limits.

Comment

Prohibited Weapons

Pete, you certainly did not hi-jack the thread. Your response, and that of our other Canadian colleagues was entirely appropriate. Glad to have your guys with us on any operation we go on. Thanks for being there with us.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal
                          Pete, you certainly did not hi-jack the thread. Your response, and that of our other Canadian colleagues was entirely appropriate. Glad to have your guys with us on any operation we go on. Thanks for being there with us.
                          Thanks, Phil - I may not wear cammo, but I am sure that if any CF members, especially any JTF-2 types, venture onto here, they will be VERY happy with your vote of confidence.

Colonel Ness has expressed his VERY strong negative feelings about Canada in the past on this forum, and I just finally recognized his posting style here, so I did a little back-checking to get the right info and up-dated my previous post.
                          "Smile" - no!

Comment

Pete I speak as the father of a Canadian Forces son...ex-Cdn Navy...now Cdn Air Force and working for the US Govt via NORAD. The real players know the real game.

Comment

Wouldn't a modern bayonet that is not attached to a rifle fall under the same laws as a knife?
                              No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5644 users online. 354 members and 5290 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X