Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the worst thing to you about being a LEO?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the worst thing to you about being a LEO?

What is the worst thing to you about being a LEO?

I have spoken with many different officers, and they all have their own thing.

I was just wondering what you guys and gals felt was the worst thing about the job.It doesn't matter what it is I'm just curious.
    MrAiric7

"Keep Your Priorities in Order"

"Know When to Act Without Hesitation"

Seeing The Worst In People Everyday. And that's before leaving roll call

Comment

The media! Can they ever get a story right?
      Anyone who believes "the customer is always right" has never been a police officer.

Comment

Child victims.
        When Society makes war on its police, it better be prepared to make friends of its criminals.

Comment

The majority of the public hates you until they need you, then you never as good as you should be.

Comment

Police Administration.

Comment

Originally posted by jakflak
              Police Administration.
              Second for that, well and directing idiots in traffic
              "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

For me, the worst part was working weekends, nights, holidays, missing my kid's birthday parties and ball games, missing family get togethers etc. You can't make up that time. Once it's over, it's over. I'm retired now but I still feel guilty about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                  haha,,,so funny but so true

Comment

Okay I am going to really stick my neck out here and be really naive. Roll call? You must work for huge departments to have roll call. Is that how you are made aware of who is or is not there when they are to report for duty?

Sorry to sound so dumb, but our municipality has a total of 22 or 24, there are 3-6 officers on each shift and the rest are administrative. Wow, do I ever feel like I live in the Barney Fife world and I do apologize. Our LEO don't have roll call. And, this department is in the town which is our county seat.

Lauri

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                      Man Bodie, another good one. You're on a roll brother.

The internal BS is far worse for me than the crap on the streets.
                      Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop
                        Man Bodie, another good one. You're on a roll brother.

The internal BS is far worse for me than the crap on the streets.
                        yea but i bet they say the same about him

Comment

The idiotic clowns running the circus

The usual main clowns in the circus

The associated clowns in the circus
                          Homer: When I first heard that Marge was joining the police academy, I thought it would be fun and zany, like that movie Spaceballs. But instead it was dark and disturbing... Like that movie -- Police Academy.

Comment

1) Politicans....both at City Hall and the police administration

2) Attitudes and behaviors of todays youth / juveniles
                            "Get busy dying or get busy living".....Andy Dufrain, Shawshank Redemption

Comment

being surround by 200+ convicted felons with no immediate protection what so ever.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6809 users online. 354 members and 6455 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X