Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fingerprints, R u in the system if you've been fingerprinted with AFIS w/ no crime?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fingerprints, R u in the system if you've been fingerprinted with AFIS w/ no crime?

A co-worker of mine was bragging how no one has his finger prints on file. He said he could go and commit a crime if he wanted to and they wouldn't be able to match up his finger prints because he has NEVER been finger printed.

I have been fingerprinted a few times while testing for law enforcement. A few times on paper w/ ink and a couple of times on the AFIS electronic way. Curious to know if people who are or have been fingerprinted stay in the system although they didn't commit a crime. Basically do they keep a record of everyone who has been finger printed and that's how they build their data base, or do they just save the info if you've been convicted of a crime or have been arrested? Just food for thought. Thanks

Yup. You're in the system. The only time they don't go in is when they're taken on paper for "elimination" purposes. Those are usually disposed of.(That was the policy of my Dept. I can't guarantee others) Any other time you're fingerprinted for official reasons, military, job application, gun permit etc., you go in the system, Federal,State and local. They'll stay in even if you die. There is one exception. If you are arrested, fingerprinted and later acquitted, your lawyer can request that they be removed from the system. Most don't bother.
    Last edited by duckfan; 08-12-2005, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Fingerprints in system AFIS

Short answer: Yes.

Comment

I also wondered about this-I was fingerprinted for a bank job I had 10 years ago-I can assume mine are with the National system now?

Comment

AFIS -no crime

Good assumption. In all likelyhood your prints are on file, and can be accessed by AFIS. Shouldn't be a concern to you though, unless you plan a life of crime. Seriously, if you've applied to the Armed Forces, almost any Civil Service position at any level, your prints will be on file. Public education at all levels often requires an applicant be fingerprinted. Many private sector firms also require it for various reasons. If you worked for a firm doing any kind of defense work, and depending upon the area/level of employment, fingerprinting could be a requirement.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5498 users online. 317 members and 5181 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X