300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toll/speed/tickets

I have a question for any east coast cops and for Illinois Cops. I believe i heard that some east coast states send tickets in the mail if a car gets from point A (toll) to point b (toll) too fast. Is this true? If so, it is very sad...hello big brother!!!
    there has been some talk about Illinois starting to do this with speeders with there I-pass tollway collection system. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it, and if so ,what are the stipulations on how fast over? Illinois highway speeds are 55 mph, which is just ridiculous. Germany has done it; the autobahn has proven to be successful,So why do the states make such a big deal about speeding here. Probably because people don't know how to drive here.. oh and i forgot to build REVENUE!!! I currently work for a campus police department as a cadet and plan on applying In chicago within the next year.
    I have talked to a few officers who like to go about 75-80 while on the highway, which is a nice pace to drive. 55 is way too slow, but 90 is probably too fast to be driving for more than a minute or two! anyways, one of the officer has an I-pass and if this new sending tickets deal is going to start, said he is taking off his licsense plates and paying the high rate toll(its cheaper if you have I pass) so he can't get outrageous tickets in the mail. And if he gets pulled over he will flash the badge. As long as an officer finds that he is ligit and officer he should be let go right. He likes to protect and serve. He has actually written 4 tickets in the last year and believes that traffic citations should only be written when someone is obviously driving wrecklessly and dangerous and putting OTHERS in danger.

let me know what you think.

I can tell you that you are a bit misinformed about the Autobahn. While there are sections that have an advised speed of 130 kph, you will find there are many sections that have a speed limit of 120-130 kph. If you drive faster that the recomended speed many insurance companies will not cover you. They also have "speed cameras" in Germany (as well as many other European countries) that are strictly there to build revenue.
    No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Comment

Originally posted by alkalinerephlux
      I have a question for any east coast cops and for Illinois Cops. I believe i heard that some east coast states send tickets in the mail if a car gets from point A (toll) to point b (toll) too fast. Is this true? If so, it is very sad...hello big brother!!!
      Why is that very sad? Do you understand the difference in stopping distance between a car traveling at 55 mph and a car traveling 80 mph?

If you are driving down the highway at 55 mph and see something in the road that you have to stop for your car will travel 129 feet in the 1.6 seconds it takes you to decide to move your foot from the accelerator to the brake. After that, on a road with a drag factor of 0.8, it will take you 126 feet to skid to a stop. That
      Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Comment

Originally posted by mosetti
        I can tell you that you are a bit misinformed about the Autobahn. While there are sections that have an advised speed of 130 kph, you will find there are many sections that have a speed limit of 120-130 kph. If you drive faster that the recomended speed many insurance companies will not cover you. They also have "speed cameras" in Germany (as well as many other European countries) that are strictly there to build revenue.
        Not to mention that..

1) The Autobahn is kept at a much higher state of maintenance the US Highways...

2) The Autobahn was designed for speed (Long pitched corners, crash barriers between opposing lanes of traffic..etc.)

3) German cars are built to withstand crashes at Autobahn speeds.

4) German cars are built to maintain higher speeds safely.

5) Yes the actual maximum allowed speed on the Autobahn is 300KPH(186MPH) however, with growing cities and congestion, you will be hard pressed to find a strip of road that you can reach this speed. Not to mention most cars will not get near this speed and newer cars have speed limiters built in (for instance all Mercedes' have a 250 KPH speed limiter, even the AMG versions)

6) Average speed is about 170-180 Kph (105-111 MPH)

7) German Traffic laws pertaining to the Autobahn are very strict, i.e. absolutely no passing on the right, no aggressive driving (tailgating etc.)

8) Germans can not get their licenses until they are 18 and it takes a year of drivers training to get it, not to mention about 500 Euros.

9) Not only do they have cameras set up in speed zones, they also have cameras to catch you following to close, and "ghost" cars, these cars are unmarked Polizie cars who will get behind you tape your speed or driving infraction, pull off and send you a ticket in the mail....

Comment

In NYS, only commerical vehicles are summonsed this way, passenger cars are not.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6464 users online. 338 members and 6126 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X