300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Police Aptitude Test preparation books

Does anyone know any good ones that are really helpful?

Also, according to the RCMP web site, there's a 13 wpm typing requirement. Does anyone know it that's a typo and that the requirement is actually 31 wpm? 13 wpm seems too slow. You can do that with one finger typing if need be.

Yup it's 13 net.. no errors...

Try Norman Hall's Police Exam Preparation Book you can buy it at Chapters... or hey maybe even Wal Mart!!!

And the job swtiching thing I wouldn't worry about to much, you're 19. Though at some point recruiting might want too see a commitment to a job.

Comment

Originally posted by cst.sb
      Yup it's 13 net.. no errors...

Try Norman Hall's Police Exam Preparation Book you can buy it at Chapters... or hey maybe even Wal Mart!!!

And the job swtiching thing I wouldn't worry about to much, you're 19. Though at some point recruiting might want too see a commitment to a job.
      Wal-Mart sell a book that's used for upper educational purposes? I'll check there see what they have. I'm trying to think if we even have a Chapters here. I'm sure McNally Robinson has a copy and if not, The Chapter in Calgary should and I'll be there in less than a month.

Does a commitment to a certain type of work count? All my jobs have been in retail. I just need to get out of retail. I'm sick of the Christmas rush and extended Christmas hours, Boxing day sales, never having a weekend off, crap pay, having the managers call me by every other name other than my own... That probably doesn't sound too good considering police work long hours, deal with morons, work holidays, etc., but they do get paid more than I do and get more weekends off than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Spee-Dee
        Wal-Mart sell a book that's used for upper educational purposes? I'll check there see what they have. I'm trying to think if we even have a Chapters here. I'm sure McNally Robinson has a copy and if not, The Chapter in Calgary should and I'll be there in less than a month.

Does a commitment to a certain type of work count? All my jobs have been in retail. I just need to get out of retail. I'm sick of the Christmas rush and extended Christmas hours, Boxing day sales, never having a weekend off, crap pay, having the managers call me by every other name other than my own... That probably doesn't sound too good considering police work long hours, deal with morons, work holidays, etc., but they do get paid more than I do and get more weekends off than me.
        Well... I think having as many jobs as you've had at such a young age isn't competely bad. If you articulate that you work part-time over christmas one one store and a summer at another when you were 16 who would hold that against you? Many young people don't get their first job until after highschool.

You can get that book online as chapters.ca

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6130 users online. 351 members and 5779 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X