Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why take ID info when no arrest made/citation issued?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OfficerDotCom
    replied
    Anyone can ask a follow up question here folks.

Bodie: It is NOT your job to moderate and suggest who can and cannot do what. If you have a problem with another user, report the post.

ANYONE -- regardless of how long you've been a member here whether ONE day or 5 YEARS -- if you choose to feel you can personally attack other users for whatever reason, don't report the post, and instead go after someone ONE on ONE, you WILL BE BANNED.

There is absolutely NO REASON for people to hijack a thread and make it about WHO is poting rather than the original topic. If you feel someone shouldn't be posting or is violating the rules, RESPECT OUR RULES, and report it and let us handle it.

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Bodie
    replied
    key word is "YET"

Leave a comment:

• Puget Sound
    replied
    Originally posted by Bodie
    Puget this is ASK A COP NOT ASK RENT A GUARD ..................
    I asked a follow-up question, I'm not straying from the topic, further questions have been asked, so further questions have been answered/clarified.

Any non-LEO can start a thread or ask a question within a thread, which is exactly what I did. After that, as far as I understand, as long as the topic of the question is being discussed, it's fair game for the person who originally asked the question to post follow-up questions/comments.

I apologize, but apparently there are LEOs on here who were curious about the situation in my area and so I added some follow-up. It all seemed to be within the rules, I'm certainly not attempting to violate any rules, and the moderators have not said anything to me as of yet.

Leave a comment:

• Runnin' 87
    replied
    Whay take ID? Because there is an investigation. Not all investigations uncover a crime.

Leave a comment:

• Bodie
    replied
    Puget this is ASK A COP NOT ASK RENT A GUARD ..................

Leave a comment:

• Puget Sound
    replied
    Originally posted by SinePari
    So...let me see if I get this straight. The JAIL, formed a committee, to establish better COMMUNICATION, and subsequently changed the LAW. Hmmm, interesting. Who runs the jails out there? I'd like to know how much power these guys have over changing the LAW.
    It really is bizarre, isn't it?

Prior to a change in 1991, the Jail was ran by the Sheriff, Offender Services was ran by the Superior Court Judges and the County Commissioners, and Probation was ran by the District Court Judges.

Now...
    According to the county code...the Corrections Department is comprised of the Jail, Offender Services, and Probation Departments. It's all overseen by an Executive Director. The Executive Director is "appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the Board of County Commissioners."

Kind of looks like a big power-grab by the commissioners doesn't it? Apparently it was all in the name of streamlining the process, but I don't know...

Leave a comment:

• SinePari
    replied
    Originally posted by Puget Sound
    Read the following...straight from the Jail's mouth:

The Corrections Department formed a Booking Restrictions Committee that is attended by a member of each law enforcement agency, the Prosecutor, Director of 911, Director of Records and the Superior Court Clerk. The purpose of this Committee was to establish a communication avenue between all facets of the Criminal Justice Community to better understand and work together in solving problems.
    So...let me see if I get this straight. The JAIL, formed a committee, to establish better COMMUNICATION, and subsequently changed the LAW. Hmmm, interesting. Who runs the jails out there? I'd like to know how much power these guys have over changing the LAW.

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    ding ding ding,, lets get ready to ruuuummmmmbblllllllle.. round 24

Leave a comment:

• Puget Sound
    replied
    Originally posted by Bodie
    Interesting this is ASK A COP and Puget Sound who is a security guard is answering posts. Is anybody paying attention ???
    I'm sorry, I asked a follow-up question which is permitted by the rules. Then people subsequently asked me follow-up questions...or at least comments that required further clarification. I didn't stray from the topic at hand. I did make one errant post not related to the topic which I deleted. My apologies.

Leave a comment:

• Bodie
    replied
    Interesting this is ASK A COP and Puget Sound who is a security guard is answering posts. Is anybody paying attention ???

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    thats the way it is here too,,we paid for our arrestees,,our capts. were divided on the issue though,,,some were hard core, if its arrestable, then ya better dang well arrest,others said, do what you want, if the jail called and asked us to use descretion, we would,,but if the terd was being a terd,,then they got yanked off the street.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Leader
    replied
    The reason that guys from our dept don't bother with lower $$ amount warrants is TIME....you're out of the field for quiet a while since we have some areas that are at least 30-35 miles from the jail. If we all made a consceince decision to run everybody we contact and took all MISD warrants to jail...we could deplete literally 98% of the officers in the field.

The reason smaller dept's don't book small MISD warrants is financial. The way the system is set up here, the CITY that books a person into the COUNTY'S jail pays a "fee" for every booking. I have no idea what the amount is or how it works. It doesn't apply to our Dept since we are a huge City that helped pay for the jail to begin with. I'd guess that our Dept books more people than the County S.O. and **all** the other smaller cities in the county COMBINED.

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    Originally posted by Blue Leader
    Interesting stuff about MISD warrants. I guess every place is different. When I first started in the 80's, everything "could" go to jail. Then due to jail overcrowding, no MISD's **at all**...no warrants, no petty theft, no battery, no nothing. Everybody received a citation.

Now for the past several years, we can book just about everything again. HOWEVER, most guys don't book MISD warrants if the bail doesn't reach at least $5000 unless the guys a total butt-head.

I know of several smaller departments in our county that actually have policies that prohibit officers from booking MISD warrants where the bail is lower than $xxxx amount....not sure what those amounts are for particular depts though.
    wow,,thats wrong,,,here the statute requires that you arrest,,if you dont, you violate the statutes,,however, if the judge wants to pr bond them,,thats his call.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Leader
    replied
    Interesting stuff about MISD warrants. I guess every place is different. When I first started in the 80's, everything "could" go to jail. Then due to jail overcrowding, no MISD's **at all**...no warrants, no petty theft, no battery, no nothing. Everybody received a citation.

Now for the past several years, we can book just about everything again. HOWEVER, most guys don't book MISD warrants if the bail doesn't reach at least $5000 unless the guys a total butt-head.

I know of several smaller departments in our county that actually have policies that prohibit officers from booking MISD warrants where the bail is lower than $xxxx amount....not sure what those amounts are for particular depts though.

Leave a comment:

• Puget Sound
    replied
    Sorry--off topic.
    Last edited by Puget Sound; 08-12-2005, 09:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6206 users online. 360 members and 5846 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X