300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you suspicious by nature...

or do you find yourself more suspicious of people in general, given your line of work?

As I have posted, I occasionally date a detective. He has total access to my life. He can show up anytime day or night, has a key to my home, etc. I have absolutely nothing to hide. If he cannot come over or spend time with me due to work commitments or life commitments, that is okay, I have no problems being on my own and I do completely understand his job. But....I get grilled about my whereabouts, who I talked with, where I went, what I wore IF I did go somewhere, etc. And it is in the form of 20,000 questions, all worded very differently, but with the same basic question as the bottom line. I do not falter, because I do not lie. He is very good at his interrogation skills. I know it sounds more like a jealousy issue than anything else, but he just seems very suspicious of everything. We have talked extensively about this and he does apologize as he knows I am what I am and also who I am. I think he is suspicious more by nature.

Gets very tiring and very old. Anyone?

L

why do you ask that? what are you getting at? are you trying to justify yourself?? huh huh huh huh,,,jus messin with ya...if you deal with terds all the time, you sometimes start acting like one,, but it does sound like jealousy to me, they usually say that when someone starts acting like that, its because they feel bad and are trying to justify themselves. if you two are just friendly friends, and nothing serious, why should he act like that.

Comment

Anyone who questions their significant other like that has serious problems that have nothing to do with being a cop. He sounds like a control freak with a lot of insecurity and jealousy issues.

The fact that he wears a badge doesn't make him any different from other control freaks who think they can run every minute of their girlfriend's lives. He isn
      Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Comment

Thanks to both of you, my thoughts exactly and the reason we date occasionally. He is divorced, as I am, but I could not nor will I tolerate this full time. I do not know, nor do I care what was the issues in their marriage, I knew both of them.....but....my concern is ME and nobody else at this point in time.

I was just trying to understand if this was something work related or by nature. I am not a stupid woman, but needed to ask.

Just got back from the ER, geesh, 15 stitches in my leg....nice...NOT.

Comment

Originally posted by Lauri
          Just got back from the ER, geesh, 15 stitches in my leg....nice...NOT.

Rule one here at O.com, you can't start a story like that, without telling us details.
          Last edited by toby101; 08-10-2005, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Cat + broken vase = stitches! UGH
            Not the most lovely feeling in the world right now. But...life does go on

Comment

Forgot to add that being accident prone does not add to the pretty (NOT) picture!

What can I say, you can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl. yep, farmgirl through and through...I admit.

Comment

Thanks for the update. Don't let it happen again. Just kidding,

If I had your addy I would send you a get well card. But you know you have my thoughts.

Comment

Cat + broken vase = stitches! UGH
                  Not the most lovely feeling in the world right now. But...life does go on

whoa, whoa, whoa,,,okay rule number two,,if the true story is not a good one,,,ya gotta make a good one up,,,fought off an intruder with bobbie pin,,saved a goat from a bull,,something!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

How about in May when my horse spooked and knocked me down with her butt and I fractured my wrist? True story!

I am doomed!

Comment

How about in May when my horse spooked and knocked me down with her butt and I fractured my wrist? True story!

I am doomed!
                      well, thats better,,,at least the horse is like 1500 lbs, not a 3oz cat,,,

Comment

Gee thanks, and she is only about 1050#, she can't be a moose because I show her in quarter horse shows! She has to watch her willowy figure you know! She's a big goof, she should have been a huge lap dog. My animals are all so spoiled.

Comment

It's our 6th sense

Comment

Understood completely Bodie. We women, have many more senses than that! Just kidding with you!

Comment

I'm a 18 year vet street cop....wife is an 8 year detective in another agency...nothing like those "disscussions" married folks have when both people are used to telling other people what to do all day
                              Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6811 users online. 367 members and 6444 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X