300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A cop's life

I was just wondering if everyone likes being police officers?

I have a strong intrest in becoming an officer and I was just wondering how everyoneone else feels about it.

Most cops and retired cops I've talked to love it. I don't think I've met anyone who didn't even thought the job is very stressful because of the things you see on duty and then having to deal with your family when you get home.

You titled this a cop's life .......... Who says we have a life ?????

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
      You titled this a cop's life .......... Who says we have a life ?????
      hmm... Good point. My ex wife says I need to get one

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
        hmm... Good point. My ex wife says I need to get one
        stop rooting for the hoisers, and get ya a TEXAS A&M hat, and that would be a good start,,,,GIG 'EM!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazed
          having to deal with your family when you get home.
          if that is your attitude, then i would not recommend becoming an officer,,your family is your saving grace....................

Comment

Sometimes you need to have a stress releiver like working out, taking a long walk and hobbies NOTHING to do with work.
            Spouses of officers learn how to cope and their are support groups. After you are a cop for a while all your friends are cops and all your wife's friends probably are other cops wives

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
              if that is your attitude, then i would not recommend becoming an officer,,your family is your saving grace....................

I didn't mean it that way.

A couple of people in my family have been law enforcement my great uncle is supposedly a somewhat famous LA detective and my grandfather was a NYPD Lt who was retired after 14 years because he had a heart attack.

They where both great at their jobs and today don't regreat becoming police officers but the home life was not as together lots of drinking and taking things out on the family. The same kind of stuff that you would see in a typical cop movie.

It just amazes me that even though their job as a police officer destroyed their family life they still loved their job.

I am in the army in Iraq right now so I know what it means to make sacrifices and such. But I don't see the same "brotherhood" here as seen with other services, police officers, and firefighters.

Comment

sorry, thats the way it looked, and i hate it when people blame family problems on their job in LE. when i was in, i would come home in a horrible mood, and after about 5 min with my 4yr old i was laughing so hard i would cry.. the only bad thing about the job is that you get tired of hearing people bitch about bad things happening to them,,when a vast majority of the time, they bring it on themselves being so stupid,,,not that it makes it right, but you get tired of it,,its annoying, when the same thing keeps happening over and over to them,,it can make you less compassionate for people, (at least those that you dont know) but your family is your family, you shouldnt take it out on them,,if you do,,then you have problems and you should have gotten out of the job a long time ago.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4413 users online. 247 members and 4166 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X