300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEO in their *downtime*

Such as relaxation. Do you have a hobby that distracts you from the day to day shenanigans of LE? After an especially traumatic experience, do you withdraw or lean more on your spouse/gf or bf/ significant other, or other family member to help you through?

I only ask as from my experience in defense law (which I would much prefer prosecution), I do what I call is *barn therapy*. I go out, take my quarter horse out for a walk or ride, then brush her and just de-stress. Been known to cry a river in her mane. For me, there is nothing better than my animals to feel like a real human being again.

I can then come home and be me to the kids.

LEO have to deal with so much more than the everyday citizen does, it has to be hard to separate the professional life from the personal life. You are, afterall, all human beings with emotions.

Just my inquiring mind asking.

L

Family, friends, hobbies, insane sense of humor...............all work. My problem is that i have been doing LE for almost 20years. don't know much else. Will retire within the next year and learn something new.
    retired, NOT retarded

Comment

Family, fishing, and on occasion Poker. The longer on the job the less I (try to) let it get to me.
      Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Bass fishing, snowboarding, baseball, anything that requires concentration

Comment

Family, friends, fishing, horseback riding and hiking.

Comment

I go to the range. I have these great targets that are printed in the likeness of a defense attorney.

Comment

nothing to see here
              Last edited by olnacl; 05-18-2006, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Play video games. After a long, bad shift, I like to disappear into a good video game for awhile. I also like fishing, if I want to get out of the house. I also bike ride and do some occasional boxing.
                "I only had a couple!"

Comment

Getting together with my mates plotting evil dasterdly schemes against bottom dwelling defense lawyers..

Actually I like to remove myself from the LE "circle" as much as possible, when possible.
                  Homer: When I first heard that Marge was joining the police academy, I thought it would be fun and zany, like that movie Spaceballs. But instead it was dark and disturbing... Like that movie -- Police Academy.

Comment

downtime

...just discovered that wine is pretty good.
                    Jerry
                    "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

Living here in the great white north its easy to get away from the job. Some of the hunting seasons and fish runs come right at the time where a break is due. Small game season and bear season start in mid september (drew a bear tag for the first time since 1990 this year). Of course there is skeet shooting in the summer as well as scuba diving all year round. Whats work anyway!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by (JW)
                        I go to the range. I have these great targets that are printed in the likeness of a defense attorney.

I like that idea

Comment

Worked for my share of defense attorneys, too bad I am deathly afraid of guns!

L

Comment

Originally posted by Azzuri
                            Getting together with my mates plotting evil dasterdly schemes against bottom dwelling defense lawyers..
                            Good to hear the bottom feeders are not just here in America!

Comment

You are, afterall, all human beings with emotions.
                              Not according to my ex-wife...
                              "He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still"

-Lao Tzu

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

-Reinhold Niebuhr

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4632 users online. 281 members and 4351 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X