Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• currently applying at several departments i have a question about qualifying

My name is jeremy i live in california I applied for several departments i made it to my background at the sheriffs department and got disqualified, i have only two negative things i can think of in my backgorund while i was in highschool i did a beer run and got charged a misdemeanor "petty theft" i was put on summary probation for two years well while i was turning in my background packet it was right around when my probation ended, and as of drugs in o2/2003 i used a sport steroid only once while playing football in highschool, i really want to get on at a department by my house or around my area, i am currenty going to school and working on my degree in criminal justice, can anyone give me any advice or tips on what i should do?

wait about 5 years and try again,,,sorry, but 1 1/2 yrs is not long enought to prove that you have matured and learned from your bad decisions.

Comment

The problems you mentioned (background) are enough to DQ you. The best thing you can do is complete your college education and stay out of trouble.

After a few years, you might have better luck with a PD, away from home.

Comment

Ditto to what was said above. The thing is that you are still young and with your negative background being so recent it will be a long shot for any department to pick you up. If my math skills still serve, your around 20, 21 and in that age group lots of people still get into trouble.

You still have plenty of time to get into LE. A lot of cops start in there mid to late 20's. Finish your education. Learn what you can about the differnt agencies you are attracted to. Try to get into some sort of community service stuff, either for a department or some other type. Don't keep trying to apply just yet cause if you keep getting DQ'd it won't "look good" on your background. Most importantly, stay on top of your bills, you WILL be looked at through your credit ratings to see that your finacially responsible. (may not always be perfect but it should show that your responsible).

STAY OUT OF TROUBLE!

Comment

thanks i was thinkn that too i actually sent an application for volunteering for my local police department, and I also am continuing my schooling to get my degree for criminal justice

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2789 users online. 155 members and 2634 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X