300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LE Advice

OK, I am looking for some advice, so throw it at me.
    I am looking at making the jump into LE over the next year. I will have my BS in CJ in one year. My long-term goal is federal LE. I will have no problem getting on with a local PD if that

I hope you get your answer as most of us here are not Feds. You sound like a bright guy; if you ever want to give up the Fed job pursuit and do real policework let us know.
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Yeah I have heard it all before. I am seriously considering getting on with metro here. I think its a large enough dept that I can find some action. I am looking for something specialized with plenty of opportunity. That is the main reason for federal. I don't exactly want to deal with the red tape though.

Comment

I looked, briefly, at getting a federal job in law enforcement and the overall impression I got was this:
        1. B.S. Degree - a must.
        2. Military - a plus (esp. with security clearences, vet. preference, etc.)
        3. Prior law enforcement - a plus, but not required.

Completing school while being a full-time LEO is VERY challenging especially if your agency doesn't support your efforts. When I worked in Kentucky, it took me nearly 4 years to finish my last 36 hours of classwork (and that included an entire 12 hour semester after I quit that department). My GPA suffered greatly, but I managed to finish with just shy of a 3.0. Now I work in Florida and not only does the city pay a large chunk of my tuition for a Master's Degree, but I can actually go to class while on duty (unless the poop has hit the fan and I just can't come off the road). Just some food for thought in helping you decide. Good luck!
        God made cops so firemen would have heroes.

You do not greet Death; you punch him in the throat repeatedly as he drags you away.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4698 users online. 276 members and 4422 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X