300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas PD Senior Corporal?

What exactly is the point of this position and do they have a regular corporal rank?

MY guess would be that it's a pay hike and a mark of seniority (if the Sgt is off, the next senior officer is in charge). I don't know about Dallas, but many departments have non-competitive, time in service based ranks. Delaware State Police has something like this:

Trooper
    Trooper First Class
    Corporal
    Senior Corporal
    Master Corporal

I think you have to be a Corporal before you can be a Sgt.

Also, Philadelphia PD has Corporals, that are basically Patrolmen that have headquarters assignments. It is not necessary to be a Corporal before making Sgt.

Comment

Originally posted by justice12
      Philadelphia PD has Corporals, that are basically Patrolmen that have headquarters assignments. It is not necessary to be a Corporal before making Sgt.

Cpls in Philly are restricted to working inside. They NEVER patrol. they are like permenant housecats.
      ...and ALWAYS get jammed up in IAB investigations. EVERYTHING can be linked somehow to the Cpl. You can have a cop set a van full of nuns on fire and somehow the Cpl will get jammed by IAB forhaving a cop in the same squad listed with the wrong lunch time on the assignment sheet. It's a thankless job, in that aspect.
      "The streets of Philadelphia are safe...it's the people that make them unsafe"---Frank Rizzo
      http://hometown.aol.com/ppd9886/PhillyCopSpot.html

Comment

Originally posted by justice12
        MY guess would be that it's a pay hike and a mark of seniority (if the Sgt is off, the next senior officer is in charge). I don't know about Dallas, but many departments have non-competitive, time in service based ranks. Delaware State Police has something like this:

Trooper
        Trooper First Class
        Corporal
        Senior Corporal
        Master Corporal

I think you have to be a Corporal before you can be a Sgt.

Also, Philadelphia PD has Corporals, that are basically Patrolmen that have headquarters assignments. It is not necessary to be a Corporal before making Sgt.
        Wow how do you guys come up with insignia for all those ranks lol ? Must be confusing trying to tell them all apart.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3920 users online. 251 members and 3669 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X