300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Dallas PD officers...

What type of duty gear is issued/required by the department for patrol duty? I'm currently in the background check phase and am wanting to prepare for the academy.

Also, what are the firearm requirements? I currently own a Glock 31 (.357sig) w/n.s. and would like to transition it over to duty use if that's possible.

Thanks again, Jerry

nothing to see here
    Last edited by olnacl; 05-18-2006, 02:36 PM.

Comment

I think they just switched over to that new Sig DAC (I think that is what the trigger is called ) in 40 cal.
      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Thanks for the insight. The guys in my unit were looking into ordering duty gear as a going away gift. I guess I'll just suggest a quality IIIA vest, I've had my eyes on the Safariland Zero G gold for a while.

Comment

Sounds like you work with a good bunch of guys, good luck w/ DPD.
          "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
            Sounds like you work with a good bunch of guys, good luck w/ DPD.
            I agree 100%. It's hard to believe I've only got a few more months left in but it's time to move on.

Comment

BTW, where do you plan on living, do you have kids and have you checked out the school systems yet. I just bought a house in Frisco which has a wonderful school system but many are less than nice. They just released the new school ratings so you might want to check into that before buying a house.

Comment

Initially, we'll be staying with my parents in Arlington. It's just my wife and I, but we are planning on starting a family in a couple of years. I really can't say for sure where exactly we'll set up residence when we do buy. Alot will depend on where my wife is employed and the department's policy. I guess I'm used to the limitations the military sets up for recalls, I'm assuming the PD will do the same.

BTW, if I recall correctly you have some friends who are with DPD. If you don't mind, could you ask them what the current gear/firearm regs are and if there's a written policy I can look at. Also, what their opinion is of the gear they're issued and if you can replace it with quality stuff. I've been used to wearing vietnam era LBE's and hand-me-down bianchi. I really would like to have some quality gear to work with.

Thanks again for the info

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5918 users online. 355 members and 5563 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X