300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mj

How do you current LE handle someone with marijuana?

Lets say you pull someone over for a minor traffic violation, you see there is part of a joint in the ashtray, would you bust them or what?

I am just curious as to what some officers are willing to let slide and what they wont let slide. I mean is it policy to arrest someone for any amount of weed?

Thanks

Depends on the state and also the officer...here in Colorado possesion of less than 1 oz of MJ is a misdemeanor...I know of officers that just had the offending party dump the MJ out and skip the citation.....others enjoy writing cites

Comment

Originally posted by FutureLE
      How do you current LE handle someone with marijuana?

Lets say you pull someone over for a minor traffic violation, you see there is part of a joint in the ashtray, would you bust them or what?

I am just curious as to what some officers are willing to let slide and what they wont let slide. I mean is it policy to arrest someone for any amount of weed?

Thanks
      hook em ......cause you might find something else....

don't tell me that nobody would ever be that stoopid to have a LOAD of dope and not smoke a little "reefer".....we only catch the dumb ones. HEck I've gone to a DV and spoken to person with a roach in his ear.....no $hit...just like the dude on that one "COPS " episode......I swore up and down that it was staged....

plus they might work as a CI.....I've got some good cases from folks popped with less than three grams.....hell... I got a kilo from a dude ( he flipped) I popped with 1/2 gram of coke ( barely enough to field test).
      Last edited by narc; 08-08-2005, 02:24 AM.
      "here's to us and those like us .....damn few left"

Comment

If I pull someone over for a minor traffic violation and they have one roach in the car, they are getting pinched. Like someone already said, very often when they have one roach in plain view, they have more interesting things in the car as well.

Even if they don
        Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Comment

I love Canada and it's lax pot laws, so as soon as I even smell it everyone in the car is arrested and cuffed. The clients and car are searched incidental to the arrest. Now depending on amount located everyone is released, the pot seized and the driver given a 24 roadside suspension. And if their youths the parents get called. Occasionally we've gotten the odd dial-a-doper that way. They love to hide their dope in the dash vents (especially honda's) so always give a tug on those.

I have to much fun with it!!! I love when they have their smoke-ins in front of the police station, but then get three of them in a car in some quiet parking lot and it's game on They get all confused and don't know what the hecks going on.

The truth is we actually have pretty good drug laws up here, we just don't have the courts giving out the appropriate sentences.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5366 users online. 300 members and 5066 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X