This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crotch rockets vs. cruisers

just curious how many of you have had someone on a crotch rocket(sport bike) run from you, or attempt to run? i know most of these bikes are extremely fast(some can go over 200mph), and have herd several people say that its easy to outrun the cops on one. ive also herd that is some states the officer isnt allowed to chase someone on a bike for safety reasons?

Crotch rocket vs. cruiser

First: Be real careful about what you "hear". Second: The crotch rockets are definitely fast. Third: Pursuit policies vary from agency to agency. Some agencies are very restrictive concerning pursuit. In general, a state police agency will be more likely to pursue a crotch rocket than a municipal dept. The agency from which I'm retired,(Alabama Dept of Public Safety) gives the individual trooper considerable discretion in deciding whether to initiate or continue any pursuit.

Comment

The faster they go, the worse the crash. I've seen some real nasty ones. Few can out run a police helicopter. One time I was in a pursuit of this crotch rocket......... Oh wait. I've already told that story....

Comment

Sure, sometimes they run. But if they make a single mistake.........
        Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Originally posted by Stan Switek
          The faster they go, the worse the crash. I've seen some real nasty ones. Few can out run a police helicopter. One time I was in a pursuit of this crotch rocket......... Oh wait. I've already told that story....
          How many area's have a chopper though?

Comment

I try and stay just close enough so I can see the crash. Its usually a helluva show!
            Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

I just got into a pursuit one week ago with a GSXR 1000. He was obviously scared of the bike because I was keeping up with him on the highway and our CV's top out at 131 on radar... going down hill you may be able to hit 140. Pursuit lasted 3.5 miles and took 3:26. It only seemed like about 30 seconds to me but the tape doesn't lie.

The only reason I chased him was because the road was pretty much empty... I passed 1 car just before I hit the lights and then a big truck about 1 mile into it... the idiot got off the highway and headed for a backroad I didn't know so I slowed and turned off my reds.... he subsequently dumped his bike so I got him anyway. He was a .12 and his reason for running... To imperess his passenger (girlfriend).
              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

Originally posted by Stan Switek
                OHH OHH OHH Please tell it again daddy!!!! Please tell it again Please tell it again Please tell it again Please tell it again Please tell it again........

Comment

Originally posted by PTI
                  I try and stay just close enough so I can see the crash. Its usually a helluva show!
                  I had a guy doing 100+ who laid it down in front of me. The bike went under a car that was stopped at a TSL and his head was ripped clean off. It was kind of surreal when his helmet came rolling back at me like a bowling ball. The helmet must have worked. The ME didn't mention head trauma on his autopsy. The rest of him was just a red stain.

Comment

Originally posted by PTI
                    HAHAHA!!!
                    Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

The best one I saw was a relatively low speed crash but awsome just the same. My partner and I are on a traffic stop when dumbass on his crotch rocket comes slowly cruising by. As he passes us he looks over at us and starts revving his motor taunting us. Just as soon as he gets past us he dumps the clutch to accelerate away. The unfortunate thing for him was he was still looking at us and didn't see the pickup that had pulled out of the parking lot in front of him. Almost instantly he hits the back of the pickup and launches himself into the bed breaking both his wrists. It was all I could do to keep from ****ing my pants I was laughing so hard. Walking over to him in the bed of that truck and telling him what a dumbass he was was quite rewarding.

Comment

Originally posted by jtteg_X
                        wow, you guys are LEO's and thinking bikers that are getting killed is a joke to you? i know there idiots in the first place for invading police, but cmon.
                        No one forces these idiots to endanger themselves and others around them... I simply believe it to be Darwinism at work.

BTW - I smell a "stunter" who thinks it's cool ride his 400lb/150hp bike at 3X the posted speed limit and hope he doesn't hit a bump in the road.
                        Last edited by Trooper4985; 08-07-2005, 07:27 PM.
                        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

Originally posted by jtteg_X
                          wow, you guys are LEO's and thinking bikers that are getting killed is a joke to you? i know there idiots in the first place for invading police, but cmon.
                          Its not joke....especially if I have to take the report Now if someone else has to take the paper, thats a different story

Comment

Originally posted by oleblue
                            just curious how many of you have had someone on a crotch rocket(sport bike) run from you, or attempt to run? i know most of these bikes are extremely fast(some can go over 200mph), and have herd several people say that its easy to outrun the cops on one. ive also herd that is some states the officer isnt allowed to chase someone on a bike for safety reasons?
                            "heard". Its spelled "heard"
                            And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”- Romans 8:28

Comment

You can keep up with the motorcycles except in the straightaways

There are very few good riders just fast motorcycles.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6057 users online. 325 members and 5732 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X