Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• st13
    replied
    Not the worse house I`ve been to, pretty much the norm but it was the owners proffesion that shocked me.

Usual no carpets, been torn up and thrown outside because of the babys little accidents. So now the urine and crap has soaked its way into the bare wooden floorboards. The stench is over powering on further investigation I find all the babys soiled nappies discarded to the rear of the sofa.

Got a nagging feeling that I knew the owner from somewhere in a professional capacity. Go upstairs to find a nurses uniform hanging from the back of the door. Yes she was a nurse from our local casualty department. Had to go and chat with her supervisor over that. Made my flesh crawl as she had sticthed my leg up several months earlier.

Leave a comment:

• duckfan
    replied
    Originally posted by USP45FAN
    You know its a good one anytime you feel compelled to wipe your feet off outside when you leave. I'm not sure it gets too much worse than the 'suicidal' 600lb woman with 15 or so dogs. That was nasty, and we deemed it necessary to make the FD wake up and share our pain. They had to tone out several times for manpower because everyone knew the address and didn't want a (insert back problem here).
    Oh yes it does. It gets worse, a lot worse. I worked in an upscale area that was a suburb of NYC. It was a nice neighborhood with small but neat houses, manicured lawns and nice cars in the driveways. Filth isn't confined to the ghetto. I had one "foul odor" job on a 90 deg day where the odor was coming from the living. The occupants were a 40 y/o female edp, her handicapped 14 y/o son, 35 cats(25 alive-10 dead) and 14 dogs(10 alive-4 dead). The entire place was covered in feces, the woman had a suppurating vaginal infection replete with a nice colony of maggots, the 14 y/o son was confined to a baby crib in a pile of his own excrement and soaked in urine. We had to put on hazmat suits and Scott packs before we went in. The whole time we were there, the woman was screaming at us to get out of her house and the dogs kept trying to defend her. She only weighed about 90 lbs but it took 3 of us to handcuff her and restrain her in a Reeves stretcher to get her to the hospital. I had plenty of dead "stinkers" but this was the worst house I ever saw. Cops have a bizarre sense of humor and can pretty much find something to laugh about in any situation. No one laughed or joked about this place. I had trouble eating and sleeping for a while. The house was declared a health h***ard and bulldozed. Thanks for the memories. I had almost forgotten about it.

Leave a comment:

• USP45FAN
    replied
    You know its a good one anytime you feel compelled to wipe your feet off outside when you leave. I'm not sure it gets too much worse than the 'suicidal' 600lb woman with 15 or so dogs. That was nasty, and we deemed it necessary to make the FD wake up and share our pain. They had to tone out several times for manpower because everyone knew the address and didn't want a (insert back problem here).

Leave a comment:

• Lauri
    replied
    I couldn't agree with you more. And in my case, under *I really messed up*, I told my lawyer, there is nobody to blame but myself. I will take the punishment, I messed up, bad. I am my own worst critic, I don't believe that anything that the courts decide upon, could be much worse than what I have put myself through....I messed up.

At any rate, the child molesters, the mothers who *forget*...I can't buy that. We too, here in NE Indiana, have had a huge increase in these incidents where the mother or father *forgot* the child was in the car. Last summer we had ONE day over 90. This summer, we have had ONE day UNDER 90. I just don't get it. You placed that child in the vehicle and you FORGOT while you went in to shop at Walmart or you went to work.

Sorry, it just does not fly with me and I am not a LEO. Just a single mother, who NEVER forgot.

L

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    i always wondered how many admitted to their lawyer that they were guilty,,i know its the lawyers job,,but dang,,i never got used to a terd gettin off because of paper,,my capt. always said, "they'll do it again and they'll get caught again" yea but that means that someone gets raped again,,thats just wrong. i never could get used to that.

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    we are having a rash here of moms "forgetting" that their kid is in the back seat and then going to work leaving the little on in the car all day, 100 degrees,,then come out and find them dead.."well i just dont understand" what the crap ever,,how bout we lock your *** in the car and leave you.

Leave a comment:

• Lauri
    replied
    I can fully relate.

Even without being in LE, being in the defense part of law (I hate defense), clients would come in and ADMIT to the attorney about child molesting, endangerment, etc. It made me absolutely ill, and all of the reason I got out of defense, especially when these people walked due to some legal loophole.

I just went home every night and hugged my son and my daughter and thanked GOD for giving me the wisdom, integrity and know how, to bring them up as decent, intelligent and respectable human beings.

We have an article in our local paper tonite where a girl tried to sell her 2 year old son for $1000. Makes me want to puke.

L

PS: All of you hug your children tonight and thank God for them.

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    Originally posted by Lauri
    The baby and children stories make me sick. How can any parent allow that. I just wish I understood. I feel so bad for LEO, they see this stuff day in and day out. I just cannot fathom!

Okay, I admit, I have had to harp on my children to take a shower everyday, but green stuff growing on their heads or other body parts...NOT in this lifetime of being a mom.

L
    its hard not to twist off sometimes, i would go home and get my little girl and just hold her,,or wake her up at 11pm when i got off and play with her,,well you can thank crank and meth for parents like that, a kid is a good way to get extra money for their fix. i remember my very first arrest, it was on a guy with a warrant for child molesting, he had on a "Jesus" t shirt and several of those WWJD (what would Jesus Do) wrist bands,,,it ****ed me off so bad.

Leave a comment:

• Lauri
    replied
    The baby and children stories make me sick. How can any parent allow that. I just wish I understood. I feel so bad for LEO, they see this stuff day in and day out. I just cannot fathom!

Okay, I admit, I have had to harp on my children to take a shower everyday, but green stuff growing on their heads or other body parts...NOT in this lifetime of being a mom.

L

Leave a comment:

• Lauri
    replied
    BUT....THE BIG QUESTION Gotthblues.....

Did the coachroach invite you in???

L

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    sad thing is its almost true,,,i went to one that there was something dripping from the ceiling,,not sure what i was,,butttttttttttt,,,i dripped all over us,,,did a welf fare check once with child services, and the baby in question, less than a year old (best of memory) had something green growing on it and was crawling in cat poop.

Leave a comment:

• Lauri
    replied
    EEEWWW, Yes, that counts and that is GROSS!

That was funny, thanks for the laugh.

L

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    when i knocked on the door once, a cockroach opened the door,,,does that count.

Leave a comment:

• Lauri
    replied
    UGH! I HATE birds! So many walks of life, so many facets!

I appreciate everyone's input. I posted out of curiosity more than anything as all of you in LE see so incredibly much that the general population is not privvy to. Media? Hard to say, they usually love to report the horrid things, but I never see the side where it truly affects another's thoughts and lives, that being the thoughts and live of LEO.

I KNOW it exists, my own father was an undercover deputy and a high school teacher. He was called out on many domestic issues to assist other deputies and the sheriff. He never really spoke of it much at home, but it was there, you could just tell.

Hope you all didn't mind my questioning.

L

Leave a comment:

• Sleuth
    replied
    We reached the point that, serving a search warrant, as soon as the house was secure, we video tape the interior. Otherwise, they claim that WE made the mess. How about the house used by bird smugglers, the birds stink, the people don't wash, and there was a big hole in the bathroom door where a biker shotguned another bad guy while the vic was on the toilet! They even kept dead birds in the freeze, on top of the frozen pizza!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4527 users online. 299 members and 4228 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X