Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The worst I've ever seen was an old man who lived in a single room (about 10x15'), and in that room he had 27 dogs in airline kennels stacked to the ceiling. Most of them were puppies. There was a full sized German Shepherd 3-weeks dead in the middle of the floor. We found five more dead puppies in the kennels. There was so much dog crap on the floor there was no clean place large enough for my boot to step.

The man had no running water, so he'd buy gallon jugs of water and drink them. After the jug was empty, he'd pee in it. There were at least 100 of those jugs of pee stacked on every available surface.

Comment

OMG Jakflak, that is just plain nasty! Was this man HUMAN???? Where do these people come from???? ICK ICK ICK!

Comment

Originally posted by Lauri
        OMG Jakflak, that is just plain nasty! Was this man HUMAN???? Where do these people come from???? ICK ICK ICK!
        He was an old shut-in with no one to take care of him. It was sad.

Comment

Look at the bathtub. If it's filled with trash, that's a clue.
          Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

I have to agree, a elderly person with nobody to look after them, help them and living an extremely lonely life is probably one of the saddest facts of life. The animals were most probably, the only thing that kept this gentleman from being alone, but without the means and wherewithall to take care of them. Is there some type of assisted living program in your area that could help him?

Comment

Dirty homes are the norm. I say that 95% of domestics are caused by nicotine and not booze (just my anit-smoker sense of humour) almost every domestic I attend the first thing I notice is the blue haze of boxed in cigarette smoke. I think it would kill half the clients to open a window now and again! And I love how the stink attachs itself to gortex patrol jackets!!!

I've haven't been to a house as bad as jackflak or some of the others, YET! But I have been to homes so full of garabe that there were "pathways" though them. One the garbage was piled chest high and the pathways were so narrow you had to walk sideways through the house, and that included the staircases.

The homes - most carpets have stains over stains, holes in the walls, the kids aren't changed, there is rotting food left out, piles and piles of clutter, most of all, I hate arresting someone in their bedrooms. The bedrooms stink the worst, the acidic body odor smell puts me in a foul mood.

Though, I would take all that I mentioned above, not to have to spend 10 second around a heroin addicts feet who's been wandering the street for two weeks without a break. The blisters pop and scabs heal into the socks and rip open again and again. Now that's a real special kind smell.....

So, what's for lunch? I know I am good to go! haha

Comment

Wow, reading all of these things, I must have lead a very sheltered life. I never would have imagined or even thought about the feet thing. But it would make sense. Thank goodness I have had personal hygiene grilled into me since I was born.

There is a guy that lives in the apartment complex where I do, different building. He is just plain nasty and skanky. He won't leave me alone. Long stringy hair, face full of hair, beard down to his chest, YUCK. He is always barefoot and just plain dirty. I walk out to my car and he calls me stuck up. He comes to my door and I won't let him in, he calls me stuck up. He wants to take me to the bar, get *juiced up* and dance and I tell him to leave me the h*ll alone, he'll call me stuck up. Why cannot some people take no for an answer. Last night he came to my door around 10P, I was getting ready to call it a day. He has summer teeth, some are there, some aren't, and what is there is black and rotten, {shudder}....guess he was a major meth user or still is....I do not know. He is a HTV and has lost his license for life. I just can't deal with him much longer on my own. I threatened to call the police last night and he got downright ugly...yep, called me stuck up again. Told me he just wanted to be my friend and didn't want to sleep with me....HUH??? Where did that even come from, like he would EVER stand a chance.

I have yet to see this person NOT drunk. Drinks about a case and a half of beer daily.

Scares the bejeebers out of me.

L

Comment

Wow, reading all of these things, I must have lead a very sheltered life. I never would have imagined or even thought about the feet thing. But it would make sense. Thank goodness I have had personal hygiene grilled into me since I was born.

There is a guy that lives in the apartment complex where I do, different building. He is just plain nasty and skanky. He won't leave me alone. Long stringy hair, face full of hair, beard down to his chest, YUCK. He is always barefoot and just plain dirty. I walk out to my car and he calls me stuck up. He comes to my door and I won't let him in, he calls me stuck up. He wants to take me to the bar, get *juiced up* and dance and I tell him to leave me the h*ll alone, he'll call me stuck up. Why cannot some people take no for an answer. Last night he came to my door around 10P, I was getting ready to call it a day. He has summer teeth, some are there, some aren't, and what is there is black and rotten, {shudder}....guess he was a major meth user or still is....I do not know. He is a HTV and has lost his license for life. I just can't deal with him much longer on my own. I threatened to call the police last night and he got downright ugly...yep, called me stuck up again. Told me he just wanted to be my friend and didn't want to sleep with me....HUH??? Where did that even come from, like he would EVER stand a chance.

I have yet to see this person NOT drunk. Drinks about a case and a half of beer daily.

Scares the bejeebers out of me.

L
                  Move!!!!!!!!! If he hasn't gotten the hint yet, he ain't gonna get it.

I am hopeing this isn't you, and I am not judging your situation. But it astounds me how most people won't leave a bad situation before it gets worse.

Every LEO can tell you at least a hundred stories about attending calls for some kind of harassment and when you tell the person to change their phone number or move, they look at you like your crazy. We can only do so much. In canada, the bad guys get arrested and then release by a judge with no contact conditions - a piece of paper. And I don't know about you, but a piece a paper doesn't make me feel very safe. If people want to feel safe then they have to take action and be part of the solution.

I work in a "metro" area of nearly 2 million people. My city has 200,000 people and we are in geographic centre of the metro area and on most night we are lucky to have 13-15 patrol cops out there to answer 911 calls. We try our best but everyone has to do their part in solving the problem.

I'm not saying move, or put your house up on the market, etc, but you should not be "scared" in your own home. Your home is supposed to be a place of safety and security.

Start documenting the dates and times, he makes comments, phones you, and knocks on the door. Talk to your building manager and see if there is "good tenant" agreement on the lease, etc. The next time he bangs on your door at 10pm call the police, have ready for them the documentaton, his name, date of birth, and the managers phone number. And be prepared for the fact that he's more than likely just to get a warning. If it escalates call the police.

Or............................. move

Comment

Question???

So what can be done for / to / about these nasty people that keep such trashy houses?

I rent a house and have this problem. they absolutely refuse to clean. I hired someone to go by and clean and cut the yard but can not get anything done about the nasty crap inside.

Tossing them out is not an option for personal reasons. so far.....but soon to change
                    Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have to agree, a elderly person with nobody to look after them, help them and living an extremely lonely life is probably one of the saddest facts of life. The animals were most probably, the only thing that kept this gentleman from being alone, but without the means and wherewithall to take care of them. Is there some type of assisted living program in your area that could help him?
                      This got turned over to the health department. They condemned his house, did a bio-hazard cleaning of it, and told him he could get it back once he gets power and water back on. The last I heard the state was helping him.

Comment

I am glad to see someone has stepped in to help this older man start over in a cleaner environment. So sledom is this the case, they are just forgotten about and that is incredibly sad.

As to my skanky neighbor, I wish it was that easy to move. I just moved in about a month ago. I do live in an apartment complex and it is very, very beautiful, with the exception of this guy. It is very quiet, very rural and they are newer apartments (about 3 years old). I have spoken to the apartment manager and she is fully aware of this. Problem at the moment is she does not live on site as she and her husband's apartment was just gutted by fire, electrical short of some sort.

I plan to go up to the PD later this afternoon or tomorrow right after work and at least get a report on file about this guy. That way, there is documentation with them that it needs to be taken seriously for any future episodes.

I have said previously, that I date a detective. He was over last evening and this guy came over just as soon as he saw the detective's unmarked car leave. I have told the detective everything, unfortunately, he is in a different town (well, 5 miles away) and he will also be talking to the local city PD for me on this issue. Possibly patrol a little more out here, etc.

I am equally worried about my daughter, if she should happen to be here alone; however, he knows my vehicle and knows her vehicle and has never stopped over when she was here. I am a strong woman normally, but things like this really shake my confidence, I feel like a scardy cat! My son is here right now and he has seen this guy. He is very concerned and has making his presence here known really often. Bottom line for right now is to not answer my door after a certain time. Both my children have keys as well as the detective. Anyone knocking is most likely this disgusting guy.

Thanks alot!

Lauri

Comment

After reading this thread, I have the sudden urge to clean the apartment and take a shower.
                          Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Laurie, we in LE see the worst of the worst. i have seen oodles of house/apts where you wouldn't let your dog, cat, fish... ect live. I did like the comment made in this thread that fire cleanes all, becuase that is usually what happens to alot of those places. and yes, no smoke detectors so good chance of a fatality.
                            retired, NOT retarded

Comment

If you have been involved in a domestic call, have you ever been to a residence that is so absolutely disgusting, that you just cannot fathom anyone living in such a place? Especially when there are children/young children at the residence.
                              Yes, I've seen that.... repeatedly! And like some of the rest of you it just makes me come home and clean my own house.

And since so many of you have mentioned the animals/animal poop in the house let me throw this question out there...

Does anyone else notice that the animal shelter seems to have an easier time coming and taking dogs/cats/horses (or whatever other animal is in distress) into protective custody than you have taking kids out? It just seems there aren't enough foster homes to go around.

I've had to leave kids before in a house that I REALLY wanted to take out and my very next call was to assist animal control. He'd already taken the cats, but wanted me to go remove the 52 year old woman who was chosing to live alone in squalor. After I calmed down from the idea that he could take cats away from his house and I had to leave kids in mine I explained the situation to him and left.

Comment

We reached the point that, serving a search warrant, as soon as the house was secure, we video tape the interior. Otherwise, they claim that WE made the mess. How about the house used by bird smugglers, the birds stink, the people don't wash, and there was a big hole in the bathroom door where a biker shotguned another bad guy while the vic was on the toilet! They even kept dead birds in the freeze, on top of the frozen pizza!
                                "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                                John Stuart Mill

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4549 users online. 289 members and 4260 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X