300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I do?

I recently left my job as a SGT. at a detention center. I gave a two weeks notice and volunteered to stay longer if they needed me too. My L.T. assuredd me he would give me a good reference to any other agency. I received a phone call today. It was from a good friend of mine who still worked at the detention center. He said my former supervisor had given me a bad reference.The supervisor was discussing giving me a bad reference with other employees. I dont know what to do now. Or who to contact. I dont want this guy spreading lies about me to potential employers.

Any help you could give would be very appreciated.
    Thank you.

if you are a member of a union that would be a good place to start. have you ever seen any of your performance evals. what do they say, i know that while you are employed there you can get them, but i dont know about now.

Comment

If you quit voluntarily the employer cannot give you a "Bad Reference" if you are dumb enough to list a Lt on anybody there as refrence other then the personnel office then you most likely won't like the outcome.

If you quit rather then be fired ............... That's a different ball game.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
        If you quit voluntarily the employer cannot give you a "Bad Reference" if you are dumb enough to list a Lt on anybody there as refrence other then the personnel office then you most likely won't like the outcome.

If you quit rather then be fired ............... That's a different ball game.
        i dont quite follow you there, as far as a background from a dept. they talk to everyone and anyone, at least the ones i have applied at did. how can they not give you a bad reference, my understanding is that it is basically they write down whether they would "rehire you" or "not rehire you" .

Comment

That's where my confusion lies too. I had to get a letter of good standing from my department stating that I was eligeble for rehire. I have this but he is talking trash about me to the departments.

Comment

If I were such a bad employee, why would you give me a letter of good standing? If he had a problem with me as an employee, why say your going to give me a good reference?

Comment

Originally posted by creeder_03
              That's where my confusion lies too. I had to get a letter of good standing from my department stating that I was eligeble for rehire. I have this but he is talking trash about me to the departments.
              if you have the letter, then **** on that terd,,the background officers have done this for awhile, they pretty welll know when something is up. if you have a letter on dept letterhead saying you are a rehire, then your old lt is makin an butt of himself, plus the bg invest. arent just going to talk to one person only,

Comment

Originally posted by creeder_03
                If I were such a bad employee, why would you give me a letter of good standing? If he had a problem with me as an employee, why say your going to give me a good reference?
                like i said, some of them are just terds..one capt that i had, got so ****ed when i applied somewhere else, he routed my reports (2 or 3 times each) for two weeks, had me fingerprinting rocks, etc. prior to this we got along fine, very seldom did my reports get routed, until then, sometimes they take it personal when you try and better yourself, Like you are saying that they arent good enough for you.

Comment

I have a question as well..when leaving a department for whatever reason to go to another agency..who do they contact ? HR or the sup you worked for ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6231 users online. 329 members and 5902 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X