300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concealed Carry

I know I'm going to catch flack for this but I'm going to ask anyways...
    Will having a concealed carry permit affect my chances during the background process? I'm in Ohio, where not long ago the law was introduced so Bodie, I expect somethign from you lol.

I don't think it should matter one way or the other.

Comment

You will be questioned as to why you feel the need to have a CCW permit.
      As to will it effect you getting hired. It could based on why and how you answer other questions.

Comment

In Michigan most departments do not encourage obtaining a CCW, but I can't say that you would be looked upon any greater for having one. It actually would hurt you in the long run here. If you have a CCW in Michigan you fall under all the restrictions of the CCW even though you may be a Police Officer. Whereas if you were a cop and didn't obtain one, there is only one restriction and that is possession while intoxicated.

Comment

Originally posted by JKralC104
          I know I'm going to catch flack for this but I'm going to ask anyways...
          Will having a concealed carry permit affect my chances during the background process? I'm in Ohio, where not long ago the law was introduced so Bodie, I expect somethign from you lol.
          It was never brought up during my interview. Although before I was a cop I had one and whenever I got pulled over the cop would ask me why I had one. My answer was simply "self defense". If the cop was a dick past that (which only happened once) I told him because the 2nd amendment says I can have one. Yeah- I got a ticket.
          You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

I don't actually see myself carrying a weapon that often. My aunt, grandfather, and father all have a permit but rarely carry their firearm. I see more of a "just in case" type thing. Every now and then, we'll have spikes of violence in the area... Quite a bit of drugs and gang activity in my area. I will be purchasing a pistol shortly as I plan to attend an open enrollment academy within the year. That being said, if need be I can carry.

Comment

Not to drag this off-topic, but my motto with my weapon is the same with my vest: I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
              You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

If you have the permit you will be "legal" to carry but the liabaility is on you and the gov't then knows more about you and the fact you have a gun. So many beleive inc myself that it is just another attempt at violating the second admendment rights are at risk.

I think a law abiding citizen that is trained in firearams use should be able to carry concealed since the are no risk to anybody without a permit and that my friends will cause a lot of cop cops to argue the point further.

Comment

I understand what you mean. I've been around guns since I was young. It was a b.b. gun, but my grandfather made sure I treated it with the respect of a loaded rifle. I am an avid hunter and do go to the pistol range often. I was formally trained in the Auxiliary Academy I went through in firearms, tactics, and safety... I know I am not a threat to anyone if I am carrying a gun with or without a permit. The guys that SHOULDN'T have guns are carrying them without a permit, I shouldn't have to worry about being looked down upon during the hiring process for carrying with a permit.

Comment

If you think you are about to be hired, have your firearms vouchered or stored for safekeeping before being hired. It eliminates any questions or concerns and your weapons will be safeguarded until you are out of the academy or off probation. Good luck and anyone that is able, should exercise their constitution rights before they are taken away from us.
                    Last edited by actiontrooper; 08-11-2005, 12:24 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5624 users online. 345 members and 5279 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X