300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCMP Ride-Alongs

I'm interested in a career as an RCMP officer, but I would like to make sure it's the thing for me first so I'd like to go on a ride-along. Does anyone know if the RCMP still allows ride-alongs for people who aren't currently involved in the actual recruitment process? If not, does knowing someone who works at the detachment in my city increase my chances of me being able to go on one anyways? See, I'm still a university student getting a degree in Sociology and Indigenous Peoples and Justice Programs, but I'm only entering my second year and there's still time for me to change majors if law enforcement isn't for me. Not that I spend a mass amount of money on tuition and get a degree for a field that I'm going to dread for the rest of my life.

The RCMP does have ride-alongs, but force policy is that the ride-along has to be an applicant. So go to an Info session and sign up to write the test! Once you've done that contact your nearest detachment, or find somoene you know who can take you out. If you're close to Regina, go check out Depot.

The thing about about the RCMP is that it is so varied that no matter what you do, if ou don't like it you can change what your doing every few years. we do it all, from small "fly-ins", big city policing, federal sections, working embassies around the world, and UN tours, etc. What other police force in Canada offers that kind of variety!!!

Mind you F-Division (SK) hires 3-4 people per troop and the odds are 50% you'll end up in BC.

Good luck

www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca

Comment

Thanks for your advice. I'm not really ready yet to take the apptitude test yet, but if I take it before I'm ready to and do happen to do really well on it and get asked to do an interview, am I then commited to the rest of the application process now? I really do want to get my degree first and I don't want to appear to be using the attitude test as a means just to go on a ride-along. Does that make sense?

Comment

cst.sb the more i think about it, the more the idea of joining the RCMP appeals to me.Only problem is, It wouldnt be convient to move to BC (allthough i hear its beautiful out there). Is the RCMP in Ontario at all?

Also, when i was younger, i remember seeing a mounty in BOSTON AIRPORT..is this possible?
        Last edited by Celtic16; 08-03-2005, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spee-Dee
          Thanks for your advice. I'm not really ready yet to take the apptitude test yet, but if I take it before I'm ready to and do happen to do really well on it and get asked to do an interview, am I then commited to the rest of the application process now? I really do want to get my degree first and I don't want to appear to be using the attitude test as a means just to go on a ride-along. Does that make sense?
          Well, my own personal feeling is that having a degree is awesome. I don't know how far into your studies you are, but if you are close the end, apply and continue on. The "proccess" takes We also have what's called the "A250" program. The A250 program pays up to $1300 year for courses, you need to get approval from training section (which is not usually a problem), and you have to pass!

I would go to an info session and make up your mind about writing the test.

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic16
            cst.sb the more i think about it, the more the idea of joining the RCMP appeals to me.Only problem is, It wouldnt be convient to move to BC (allthough i hear its beautiful out there). Is the RCMP in Ontario at all?

Also, when i was younger, i remember seeing a mounty in BOSTON AIRPORT..is this possible?
            The RCMP are in Ontario, but they do a lot of the sitting on horses and dealing with annoying tourists I believe.

You should try and join the RCMP. They're awesome and so polite. They actually hold the doors for in Tim Hortons for me, where as the city police here go out of their way to close them on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Spee-Dee
              The RCMP are in Ontario, but they do a lot of the sitting on horses and dealing with annoying tourists I believe.

You should try and join the RCMP. They're awesome and so polite. They actually hold the doors for in Tim Hortons for me, where as the city police here go out of their way to close them on me.
              There is RCMP in Ontario. There are fed drugs sections, intergrated border section, anti terrorism, embasy and dipolmat protection, the musical ride, the airport in Toronto. The members in red serge are vollunteers on the division's ceremonial troop. They work their regular "jobs" and then put in free time for tourists and special events.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5509 users online. 311 members and 5198 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X