Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curlyblue
    replied
    In TX most larger cities fall under civil service where there are maximum age limitations.

Leave a comment:

• MsFunsize
    replied
    Originally posted by I8A4RE LDYCOP2B
    Can anyone tell me if your police department has a maximum age requirement to be hired as a police officer? I see that some dept's say must be 21 or older and others say you must be between 21 to 35 or so as an example.

I am 33 now and I live in Illinois. I was just wondering if I am reaching the max. age requirement (if there is one). Also I was wondering if some dept's don't have a maximum age at all.

Thanks in advance.

I was reading another post on another question and a guy from CALI said there wasn't an age restriuction someone that was like 56 just joined... so go ot cali!!! its sunny there anyhow

Leave a comment:

• Blue Leader
    replied
    I'm not aware of So Cal departments having a maximum age. The oldest I've seen go thru the academy was 57.

Leave a comment:

• safetyobc
    replied
    AR has no maximum age for a LEO. But has a max age of 32 for a firefighter. Go figure? 32 is too young for a cutoff age in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• stalker3
    replied
    Originally posted by I8A4RE LDYCOP2B
    Can anyone tell me if your police department has a maximum age requirement to be hired as a police officer?

I am 33 now and I live in Illinois. I was just wondering if I am reaching the max. age requirement (if there is one). Also I was wondering if some dept's don't have a maximum age at all.

Thanks in advance.
    THIRTY-THREE IS NOT OLD!
    I don't think the Milwaukee (WI) PD has a limit.

Leave a comment:

• orlandofed5-0
    replied
    Not all LE jobs in the government have a max age. Most police officer positions do not as do several other jobs not have a max age.

Leave a comment:

• CarCop
    replied
    Really depends on the agency or department. For example, Federal Agencies have a Max age of 37 on appointment. That's due to the retirement for covered positions (LEO). My department is 35. Others are less and I have heard of some that do not have a Max age. Look at the websites of the departments that interest you. I would say that at your age you should be good to go for just about all departments.

Leave a comment:

• winq
    replied
    Max age to take the test is the day before you turn 35yo. the list lasts for 4 years so i would say 38yo. the minimum age is 21yo. Connecticut has no maximum age

Leave a comment:

• I8A4RE LDYCOP2B
    replied
    revised.............................

Leave a comment:

• I8A4RE LDYCOP2B
    started a topic Cut-off age for hiring police officers

Cut-off age for hiring police officers

Can anyone tell me if your police department has a maximum age requirement to be hired as a police officer? I see that some dept's say must be 21 or older and others say you must be between 21 to 35 or so as an example.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by I8A4RE LDYCOP2B; 08-07-2005, 06:00 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3957 users online. 219 members and 3738 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X