300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut-off age for hiring police officers

Can anyone tell me if your police department has a maximum age requirement to be hired as a police officer? I see that some dept's say must be 21 or older and others say you must be between 21 to 35 or so as an example.

I am 33 now and I live in Illinois. I was just wondering if I am reaching the max. age requirement (if there is one). Also I was wondering if some dept's don't have a maximum age at all.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by I8A4RE LDYCOP2B; 08-07-2005, 06:00 PM.

revised.............................

Comment

Max age to take the test is the day before you turn 35yo. the list lasts for 4 years so i would say 38yo. the minimum age is 21yo. Connecticut has no maximum age
      retired, NOT retarded

Comment

Really depends on the agency or department. For example, Federal Agencies have a Max age of 37 on appointment. That's due to the retirement for covered positions (LEO). My department is 35. Others are less and I have heard of some that do not have a Max age. Look at the websites of the departments that interest you. I would say that at your age you should be good to go for just about all departments.

Comment

Not all LE jobs in the government have a max age. Most police officer positions do not as do several other jobs not have a max age.
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by I8A4RE LDYCOP2B
            Can anyone tell me if your police department has a maximum age requirement to be hired as a police officer?

I am 33 now and I live in Illinois. I was just wondering if I am reaching the max. age requirement (if there is one). Also I was wondering if some dept's don't have a maximum age at all.

Thanks in advance.
            THIRTY-THREE IS NOT OLD!
            I don't think the Milwaukee (WI) PD has a limit.

Comment

AR has no maximum age for a LEO. But has a max age of 32 for a firefighter. Go figure? 32 is too young for a cutoff age in my opinion.

Comment

I'm not aware of So Cal departments having a maximum age. The oldest I've seen go thru the academy was 57.
                "Get busy dying or get busy living".....Andy Dufrain, Shawshank Redemption

Comment

Originally posted by I8A4RE LDYCOP2B
                  Can anyone tell me if your police department has a maximum age requirement to be hired as a police officer? I see that some dept's say must be 21 or older and others say you must be between 21 to 35 or so as an example.

Thanks in advance.

I was reading another post on another question and a guy from CALI said there wasn't an age restriuction someone that was like 56 just joined... so go ot cali!!! its sunny there anyhow

Comment

In TX most larger cities fall under civil service where there are maximum age limitations.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4387 users online. 257 members and 4130 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X