Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have asthma too. It kicked my *** in basic (military) and wasn't about to mention it. Focus on controlling your breathing.

You might want to wait to get your run score up though. I don't know what the standard is for the agency you're applying for, but I think a 12 min mile might exceed it.

I would alternate running and swimming (if possible). And learn about fartlek runs, strengthining your legs, etc. trust me, you're talking to an asthmatic with thee ugliest run stride in the world, but I got my run time below 20 mins for a 3 mile. You can do it!

Comment

scouts out

That's pretty impressive, your run time now. Yea we need to do a 8 minute mile. I'm trying the best I can, but sometimes it seems like I'm starting off too slow, so when i finish my first lap, I'm over 2 minutes already, then towards the end, I have to push and that's when I feel like I'm dying. The breathing is my main thing. I do 2 deep breaths, 1 exhale. I think I have to work on my legs and cardio, seeing as I don't do either of those. This will be my next challange. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

I started running the 1.5 mile about 1 month ago.. First time I did it in 19.29, Sunday night I did it in 14.01 min. The way that worked for me is to run EOD or E3D. I did something like this

Run 2 min
        Walk 2 min
        Run 2 min
        Walk 2 min
        etc.

Next time

Run 3 min
        walk 3 min
        run 2 min
        walk 2 min
        etc

Gradually increasing the run/walk distances until Sunday it was
        Run 5 min
        Walk 3 min
        Run 3 min
        Walk 2 min
        Run 1 min

I am planning to continue to work till I get my 1.5 mile down to 12:30 min.

Hope that helps

Comment

future le

how long do you usually run, walk for. You stated Run 2 minutes, walk 2 minutes, run 2 minutes, walk 2 minutes...how many minutes do you run and how many minutes do you walk?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6783 users online. 351 members and 6432 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X