300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badge bunnies, truth or myth?

I am applying for a LEO job today and have been reading about "badge bunnies" on here. Is that true, chicks just like you because you are a cop? I hear some of you guys meet them in bars and such but I live in a dry county and don't go to bars anyway. I am by no means looking to meet anyone, I have a great wife who I am truly happy with. I am just curious if it is truth or myth about the "badge bunnies."

I'm not looking for cocky replies just honest replies and experiences.

I have ran into one or two. They're not as many out there as some would have you believe, but they're out there.

They really aren't the type for a long term relationship. Think more along the lines of "cop groupies". I've known a couple of guys to marry a badge bunny and before the first year their marriage has more issues than a newstand.

Those seeking a real relationship would do well to steer clear of them. Those looking for one-night stands, then just be sure you wear your raincoat.
    You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

In the past year that I've been single I've ran into several. The ones that I have dated though DID want a relationship. It seems they go from Officer to Officer trying to find one to marry, or at least thats what it seems like...No need to send this one to Mythbusters, its definitely true.
      "He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still"

-Lao Tzu

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

-Reinhold Niebuhr

Comment

I haven't been there in years, but there used to be a bar at the LAPD academy that was open to the public. (It was operated by the police association.) It was a badge bunny magnet.

Ditto for the Short Stop, a cop bar a couple miles away from the academy.

A cop looking for company only needed spend a few minutes in either place to find what he was looking for.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Truth.

K9

Comment

Truth.

Do a Google search on recent news stories over the Yukon, OK Police Department and you will realize that you need to cover your back. Single or not, stay away.

If you find the time and actually search for those stories you will know what I am saying. Around here at the moment, guys are afraid to so much as pull their black and white into the same parking lot of a convenience store!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Badge bunnies, truth or myth?
              Truth.... Watch your back side...

Comment

male officer + female civilian = it is so dangerous i dont even want to get involved in this discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
                  male officer + female civilian = it is so dangerous i dont even want to get involved in this discussion.
                  LOL... you know exactly what I was talking about in my above post don't ya?!?!?! lol

Check: News Story that reminds anyone in law enforcement to watch thier actions...
                  Last edited by ZGXtreme; 08-01-2005, 04:18 PM. Reason: Adding news story link.
                  sigpic

Comment

i am not even going there.

Comment

Totally true....and sometimes I wish I wasn't married
                      "Get busy dying or get busy living".....Andy Dufrain, Shawshank Redemption

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
                        Male officer + female officer can be full of pitfalls as well...

Comment

Originally posted by ZGXtreme
                          LOL... you know exactly what I was talking about in my above post don't ya?!?!?! lol

Check: News Story that reminds anyone in law enforcement to watch thier actions...
                          That is way beyond the concept of "badge bunny" anyway. Assuming her story is legit, it's plain ILLEGAL. Also, I don't care what your job is, you'll probably get fired if you're having sex while you work.

Badge Bunny to me is the girls who "like the guy in uniform" and therefore, flirts with said officer. If said officer *ASKS* girl out for a date and she says yes, I don't have a problem with that....I just had a girl give me her phone # the other day and said "call me" as she walked off. If I wasn't married, I would have asked her out right then but I just ended up tossing the #. No need to tempt fate (and child support payments)
                          Last edited by Blue Leader; 08-01-2005, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Leader
                            Male officer + female officer can be full of pitfalls as well...
                            true,,were i came from female officers are unheard of,,only one in the life of the pd.

Comment

Originally posted by ZGXtreme

i cant believe you went there,, ,that one was a big black eye,,i almost applied there just to get back in the job.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4741 users online. 275 members and 4466 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X