Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perhaps I am starting off on the wrong foot...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K9 Police
    replied
    Originally posted by doppelganger
    So here's one more thing I forgot to ask. I was actually talking to a Boulder Sherrif's deputy a long time back, and he mentioned that it's not illegal to BE high here in CO. But it's illegal to have the drug or sell it or whatever else you would do with it? Like...start a free health clinic. (bad joke, I know) Have you guys heard/know anything like this? Thanks again.
    Sure have, my other department had no ordinance violations against it and there was no state law either. As long as you didn't have it on you, in you was a different story. Can vary from city to city, or state to state.

Don't know about Colorado, so if a Deputy said it, it may very well be true. Of course, being high while driving would be a different thing, as Quopper so elegantly stated.

K9

Leave a comment:

• K9 Police
    replied
    Originally posted by stalker3
    A small amount is just a ticket in Colorado, so feel free to smoke up, even in public. The time it takes to do the paperwork is not covered by the small fine, so the police probably won't even bother since it is not worth their time.
    If that ain't the truth.... more probable in big cities though. Small towns might nab you. Weed is like cigarettes here...

K9

Leave a comment:

• Jellybean400
    replied
    Doppelganger, check your PM's.

Leave a comment:

• Quopper
    replied
    First off, I just realized I told you I was an artist. Artist is to weed as bread is to butter, I know. To keep this as honest as possile, I'm not snoop d-o-double g.

I don't know if you guys even realize this because you're LEO's all the time, even off the job. But Joe Public often keeps questions in the back of his head much like this one. I'm not trying to get away with anything. It's just one of those things where if I were to pull up to a navy blue cruiser and say "say, friend..." I'm sure my house would be marked for years to come and...

So here's one more thing I forgot to ask. I was actually talking to a Boulder Sherrif's deputy a long time back, and he mentioned that it's not illegal to BE high here in CO. But it's illegal to have the drug or sell it or whatever else you would do with it? Like...start a free health clinic. (bad joke, I know) Have you guys heard/know anything like this? Thanks again.
    Hate to break it to you, but this guy was full of ****! It IS illegal to be high! Duh! Why don't you try getting high, then speeding down the road, get pulled and have them do roadsides and a blood test on you. The DUI states driving under the influence, we really don't give a rats *** what influence it is! As far as how much you can have, you can have a joint in CO and get a petty offense aka ticket, however, don't have any other items on you that you need to smoke it with, cause then you are looking at misdemeanor charges.

Good Luck and PLEASE stay in Boulder!

Leave a comment:

• e-man
    replied
    In PA, less than 28 grams, 1 ounce is considered small amount and generally for personal consumption. If its bagged individually or with scales, baggies etc. BINGO auto FELONY. BUT getting a conviction for felony marijuana is msot difficult in at least the Pittsburgh area. I had aguy about 9 yrs ago had 9 baggies in his UNDERWARE. I charged simple possession AND intent to deliver., The dumbass liberal *** magistrate asked oif I found any paraphernalia indicating he would use it himself. I said NO. SO she dismissed the intent anyway. Oh well. I got paid and he got a fine, B.F.D...
    $$$

Leave a comment:

• doppelganger
    replied
    Oooooohhhh...good point. I forgot to mention that we were not talking about being in public.

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    First off, I just realized I told you I was an artist. Artist is to weed as bread is to butter, I know. To keep this as honest as possile, I'm not snoop d-o-double g.

I don't know if you guys even realize this because you're LEO's all the time, even off the job. But Joe Public often keeps questions in the back of his head much like this one. I'm not trying to get away with anything. It's just one of those things where if I were to pull up to a navy blue cruiser and say "say, friend..." I'm sure my house would be marked for years to come and...

it is not illegal to be under the influence of an intoxicating substance in public in colorado?

Leave a comment:

• doppelganger
    replied
    Thanks, guys - one more technicality question:

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    oklahoma, you can get arrested for trace amounts, if it will test, you can arrest, if convicted for a leaf, and you get convicted for a second leaf,,you have a felony. have a nice day.

Leave a comment:

• Sleuth
    replied
    Don't get feeling too safe. We had a doper light up outside the Federal Court house in CA. He got popped by a DEA agent - the Federal Statute said MJ, no amount limits.

Edited to add: And then, you could have the luck to be with your dealer when he/she gets popped, and you go for distribution (which includes giving someone a toke). You decide what is important in your life - just make informed decisions. Deciding to smoke dope (no one calls it 'smart' for a reason) can have all kinds of unintended consequences.
    Last edited by Sleuth; 08-01-2005, 04:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sflcop
    replied
    In FL, under 20g is a misdemeanor, and you will probably get an NTA, unless Mr. PoPo is in a bad mood.

Leave a comment:

• jricks
    replied
    In Kentucky less than 8 ounces is a misdemeanor, punishable by up to 12 months in jail and/or $1000 fine. 8 OZ or more, Class D felony punishable by 1-5 years in the State pen.

If any of the amount is individually packaged a trafficking charge would apply. If charged with Trafficking, any you are within 1000 yards of a school, that's another felony.

Your rolling papers or pipe would get you a paraphernalia charge, a misdemeanor for first offense, felony for 2nd an subsequent.

By the way, marijuana is Kentucky's 2 largest cash crop. We deal with it alot.

Leave a comment:

• USP45FAN
    replied
    Instead of asking on this forum why not get your dope smoking rear end to check out the Colorado state laws. Figure it out for yourself.

Leave a comment:

• stalker3
    replied
    A small amount is just a ticket in Colorado, so feel free to smoke up, even in public. The time it takes to do the paperwork is not covered by the small fine, so the police probably won't even bother since it is not worth their time.

Leave a comment:

• CrymsinSky
    replied
    In the grand 'ole state of Tejas...any "usable" amount would garner you a possible six month jail sentence. That means if the officer determines that a 'bud' is able to be smoked...you're 'smoked.' I'll let the more seasoned posters flame you.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3608 users online. 220 members and 3388 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X