300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help for appeal

I'm not going to deny that I am not thinking favorably of the officer involved in this stop at the moment, but this is not an anti-cop post.

His actions were understandable until he decided to perjure himself because he didn't think I could make a court date and I think perfectly fine of other cops.

In the city where I live, I always wish cops I see "good luck" or say, "be careful out there." A cop's life is dangerous there and I appreciate their willingness to deal with it and the fact that most of them are doing it for the right reasons. I sure couldn't do it (for one thing, I'm a pacifist. Picture it: "freeze, scumbag, or I'll....uh...I'll look sternly at you.") One of my favorite online friends is a cop. I always wave and say "hi" to the cop parked in front of the mayor's house, who is usually bored out of his or her skull.

I just don't like bullies or liars and this one is both. Police corruption is worse than other crimes because it's a betrayal.

Actually, he first thing I did was contact an online friend of mine who's on the NYPD and ask her what to do. I also asked her to help me figure out if a theory that I had about a way that the officer might have just made an honest mistake, rather than perjuring himself made sense (However, the officer has, in court this morning, proved to me that he is a perjurer who needs to be in jail.)

I never break traffic laws. I don't even speed. I get tailgated a lot because of that. (BTW, do any police departments have numbers to report aggressive drivers? I'm like a magnet for them; I frequently have people tailgate me, cross the double yellow to pass, and then speed off. )

I signal every time I change lanes and every time I'm turning, even if I'm in a turn lane. It's just automatic. I walk across streets with approaching cars closer than they are for me to drive across them. I take forever to make left turns.

I'm one of the few people who always comes to a complete stop at a stop sign. I got pulled over for failing to do so by a cop who had sat across the intersection from me, sitting stationary, for somewhere between 5 and 15 seconds, and testified in court that he had a clear view. Either by saying he wasn't distracted, or by saying I didn't stop, he perjured himself.

He may be in a uniform, but that's a crime and I think he should go to jail for it.

I've been pulled over once by a real cop (who was, nonetheless, manifestly crooked. Like I said, I don't hate cops, but there are some bad cops out there too, especially the kind like this that never has to deal with anything more dangerous than cow-tippers and uses the job as an opportunity to exercise power, especially over women.), and once by what was probably an impersonator* The incident about which I'm asking was the first time I'd ever been pulled over.

The actual traffic stop is what I'm writing about, because, after today's court appeaerance, I have to conclude that the officer is a perjurer, either motivated by a desire to cover up the fact that his negligence nearly caused an accident, or by his obvious misogyny.

I arrived at a rural intersection with a flashing red, in the middle of the night, and saw a car approaching. I was going to turn left, so I waited. I remember specifically thinking through the right-of-way equations (I'm a relatively new driver--I hadn't driven in years until recently b/c I'd lived in San Francisco, where there's just no reason to have a car. Moved back east and got one).
    When it got closer, I saw that it was a police cruiser and that there was another police cruiser beside it with the headlights off.

The officer later denied that the other car was a police cruiser with the lights off, when I offered it to him as an excuse for maybe making an honest mistake. This indicates to me that, if I can probably bust the criminal for perjury if I can subpoena radio logs or any records of where cars were and when, or find that other officer and call him or her as a witness. My guess is that the perjurer was afraid that the other officer would whistleblow.

I waited for some time for the officer to go, but he didn't. I assumed that he was waiting for me. Maybe he was waiting for me.

He could have just been distracted or he could have been waiting to lure me into the intersection in order to create a near-accident situation. I have reason to believe that he has issues with women. As a survivor of domestic abuse, I know a batterer when I see one and he talked to me like my abuser used to, despite the fact that I was polite to him, and did him every courtesy except for the interior light thing, which I didn't know about at the time. (Like I said, this was the first time I'd ever been pulled over.)

After I turned, the officer went into the intersection after I had begun my turn, nearly causing an accident. I believe that is why he lied. I braked to avoid an accident. Fortunately, I was still alert, despite the late hour. I had been delayed by a major accident on the way down, and I was being very careful that evening.

I immediately handed over my license (which showed I was from a city about an hour away from there) and, assuming that I had made the common new driver mistake of misinterpreting the actions of the other driver, said, "I'm sorry, I'm a new driver and I got confused."

He said "What confused you?" in an insinuating and very hateful tone. Now, I have a sister who's an artist, and short, and this car used to belong to her, so, after an accident (not her fault; the other car was a crackhead in a stolen car, going the wrong way), it has a funky-looking art piece on the steering wheel where the airbag used to be.

It's understandable for him to have had that question, but I'm a straight A student and my only vice is caffeine. I had even quit smoking a month or two before the stop. I think it was pretty obvious by my expession and bearing that that wasn't going to be the issue, because he didn't raise the subject again.

I explained "I stopped, I yielded, I waited for you to go. When you didn't, I thought you were waiting for me."

He seemed very distressed when I said that, I now see he was probably distressed by the fact that he had nearly caused an accident by not looking where he was going.

I would imagine he had gotten a call on the radio. I drove past what looked like a major bust the same night on my way back, and my NYPD friend says that it's possible he could have been distracted by that. Which would be understandable. My NYPD friend says she sometimes gets a sort of "tunnel vision"(I think she was speaking figuratively, not losing vision, but focussing on that and maybe missing the occasional unrelated detail) when she's on an unusual or stressful call and it's certainly forgiveable to pay less attention than normal to an intersection you pass every night, where you have no reason to expect anyone else to be.

I mean, imagine it: 1 in the morning. Rural intersection, middle of nowhere, you've been through it hundreds of times and have absolutely no reason to expect someone to be there at this hour, you get a surprising call on the radio, pause a bit longer than normal at the intersection to listen, and look up a split second later than you might normally do. Perfectly understandable. What isn't understandable is what he did next.

When I explained that I had been confused by his long pause, he looked at my address and said, in a mocking tone "But you didn't stop. You didn't stop at all."

The message, as I later understood, was "I don't think you can make a court date, so I'm going to say that, in order to cover my own *** and I'll get away with it."

The thing is, it was stupid of him to do that, because, had he said, "well, be more careful next time. Flash your brights or beep your horn instead of just assuming." or somesuch, I would not have done anything. I would have assumed that he was just being forgiving of my inexperience, and wouldn't have given it a second thought. As is, because he perjured himself, I started wondering why figured out the fact that he had entered the intersection _after_ I did indicated that he hadn't been looking where he was going, so now he will for the perjury and negligent driving with his badge, and hopefully his freedom, even if I have to bankrupt myself.

I was floored. I didn't argue with him. I was polite. I was silent. He was really abusive.

I made every effort to be polite. I apologized again for misinterpreting his actions. He said "Then you shouldn't have a license at all," in a tone that I know all too well.

I didn't even know whether or not I should leave first, so I sat there and waited for him, because I'd never been pulled over beofre. I finally said, "Excuse me." a couple of times before he acknowledged me. He came over and I asked him if I was supposed to be waiting for him or if he was waiting for me. He said he was waiting to see if I pulled out safely. I thanked him and wished him a good evening, despite the fact that he had not said a civil word to me during the whole ordeal.

He radiated this incredible, unreasoning, implacable hatred. Either he has a problem with women or he has a problem with Jews. He's a bigot and a perjurer.

I am asking the good officers here to do online what they do on the job: to help someone who is helpless, to help someone who is being victimized by a bully. The perjurer did what he did because I was from out of town and in an inexpensive car and he didn't think I could defend myself.

My mother actually offered to pay the fine, but I'm going to appeal anyway. If I have to bankrupt myself, the perjuring thug is going to jail.

I guess my question is, is there a way that I can track down the other cruiser? I'd like to either call the other officer as a witness, or just produce some evidence that it was there. I mentioned it in the court case, and said "Perhaps he was distracted, which is understandable, because he was worried about his buddy, who was having to drive with no headlights on an unlighted rural highway."

He said "It wasn't a cruiser with its headlights off. It was a normal car and it had its headlights on. I don't know what she's talking about."

I said, under my breath, "I would remind the officer that perjury is an incarcerable offense."

Of course he was believed. I had a witness. I even had a backup witness to the fact that my witness was with me, in case the perjurer tried to deny it.

Look, I know people here are concerned about the trust of the community. Cops like that one damage the image of all cops. Bad cops and good cops are not on the same side.

Good cops protect people who can't defend themselves. Bad cops victimize them. Good cops want to be trusted by everyone but criminals. Bad cops just want to be feared.

*He had been tailgating me, severely, with a perfectly good passing lane open to him, and pulled me over because I didn't speed. I was respectful and explained that I don't speed and he didn't ticket me. How could he, since he was probably an impersonator, and anyway, you can't ticket someone for failure to break the law, I don't think. Unmarked car, just had a flasher that you could buy at Radio shack, didn't appear to have any idea of police procedure. I would have called the police and proceeded to the nearest populated area if it hadn't already been a busy intersection. (Yes, I'm female, yes I was alone, and yes, I was really glad it was a busy intersection)

Wish I'd gotten the "badge" number, which would have told me nothing except that there was an impersonator out there, and told the real cops what he looked like, or the license number, so the local PD could track down the imposter.
    Last edited by Raistlin; 07-29-2005, 01:18 PM. Reason: piece of post got lost last time and then clarity

Sorry, but I lost the narrative thread somewhere in the middle.

You are saying that the officer perjured himself because he denied there was a police car with its headlights off?

Perhaps a brief summary of the incident itself would be helpful. As it is written it's difficult to figure out exactly what you are asking.
    Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel
      Boys and Girls, this is what happens when you don't TAKE YOUR MEDS!

yep ....220....
      "here's to us and those like us .....damn few left"

Comment

Wow. I need asprin.

Maybe you stopped at the stop sign, maybe you didn't. Maybe the Officer was mistaken, maybe he wasn't. Is the Officer straight up lying about you running the stop sign, possible but not likely.

Are you going to get the Officer put in jail for purgery? Not a chance. Do I gaurantee that you are jumping to conclusions with statements like these:

Either he has a problem with women or he has a problem with Jews. He's a bigot and a perjurer.
        ABSOLUTELY.

And no, even if there was another patrol car present, you will not and can not find out who it was. If it was another patrol car, theres a 99.5% chance that he would have stopped as a cover car for the Officer that pulled you over. If he did not, that alone says there is a 99.5% chance that was NOT another Officer.

You are about to waste a lot of time and money.
        "He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still"

-Lao Tzu

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

-Reinhold Niebuhr

Comment

Oh my gosh. Try summarizing things instead of just making a running narrative of every thought you have while considering the problem. After reading that, I'm still not sure what your question was.

However, unmarked cruisers very rarely work traffic on rural intersections. Even if it was an unmarked cruiser, what difference would it make? You either did the offense or didn't.

Did the officer have a stop sign? If not, and you pulled out in front of him, it doesn't matter what he did prior to the intersection, you didn't yield.

What did you get a ticket for? What's the relevance of the other cruiser? What's the relevance of the 'impersonator' cop from the other traffic stop?

Your little book doesn't make sense.

Comment

I feel bad for anyone who took the time to read this trainwreck. I have some opinions but I'm going to stay them
            In Memoriam:
            Cpl. Chad Wayne Powell
            USMC
            Killed in Action
            Fallujah, Iraq
            June 23, 2005

Comment

If the intersection has a high number of accidents attributed to it the PD could have place a dummy car there. We had someone call the station and report that one of our officers was sleeping and she was not able to wake him up by knocking on the window. She was a bit embarrassed when she was told that it was a dummy.

It is highly unlikely that there was another patrol car there. If there had been you can bet he would have been backing up the initiating unit.
              No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Raistlin
                Either he has a problem with women or he has a problem with Jews. He's a bigot and a perjurer.
                ding ding ding....wow, that one caught me by suprise, pulls out the race/religon/gender card when you least expect it. hahahha

I have reason to believe that he has issues with women.
                Right, so, ah... what are you reasons, b/c he gave you a ticket?

Comment

I was not allowed to finish my story in the courtroom and I am incredibly distraught, but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by the hostile response from some quarters in any case. I already know that, just as there are cops like my friend, there are also some cops who take a very different approach.

I don't think all cops are bad. I know some good cops. But I've also just run afoul of a bad one. I believe that good cops should be concerned about that

I'm sorry that I was a little rushed earlier but I am angrier than I have ever been in my life and you need to give me some sort of alternative explanation if you want to save a brother officer from a jail term for perjury, because, at this point, I will expose him, and I will press criminal charges, even if I have to bankrupt myself to do it.

I arrived at about 1 AM at a rural intersection controlled by a traffic signal that was on flashing red. I was approaching from the north I was going to turn left.

I saw a car approaching from the south. I am a relatively new driver, so I actually went through the right-of-way question in my head. I remember very clearly, thinking "I got here first, but I'm turning left, so I'll yield."

When the car got closer, I saw that it was a police cruiser, accompanied by another police cruiser that had its headlights off. I had not seen the other police cruiser at first, for the obvious reason. I don't think my passenger ever saw it, but he didn't see a "normal car" (what is a normal car anyway? I didn't know that was a description) with its headlights on either. I only saw it because I heard it go by and looked. My passenger is hearing-impaired.

I waited for about 10-15 seconds (my passenger, who appeared in court with me, estimates less, about 5-6 seconds) However long it was, I was absolutely stationary for some time.

When I was sure that the other drivers either had a different signal or were waiting for me, having waited for them to go for some time with no result, I began the turn.

When I was about halfway through the turn, the two police cruisers started into the intersection, nearly causing an accident. I braked immediately. Fortunately, I was in a very cautious frame of mind that night. (You see, I had been delayed earlier, waiting for them to clear a serious accident on the beltway around the city where I live. )

It is my belief that the summonsing officer was not looking where he was going. It is also my belief that he may have lied about the presence of the other officer because he was afraid the other officer might blow the whistle on him. I know he lied about it, in any case.

The summonsing officer turned on his flashers and I immediately pulled over. I put my hands on the wheel. When he came to the window, I gave him my license and had my passenger find the registration for me in the glove compartment. I offered every courtesy except for the interior light which, this being the first time that I had ever been pulled over, I did not know about.

Assuming that I had made the common new driver mistake of misinterpreting the actions of other drivers, I immediately apologized for getting confused.

The officer asked what had confused me in a rude and insinuating tone. I can see why he would think I might be "confused" chemically; the car used to belong to my artist sister and has a wild art piece on the steering wheel where the air bag used to be and I am a sewing hobbyist, so there were probably bits of fabric and ribbon everywhere (good thing he didn't search; what would I have said if he'd asked if there were any needles in the car?)

However, he was wrong in his insinuation and he figured that out pretty quickly. I'm a straight-A student and my only vice is caffeine.

I explained that I had been confused by his sitting there so long and had come to the conclusion that he was waiting for me to go or waiting there for something else.

He seemed very distressed when I said this, looked at the out-of-town address on my license and said, "But you didn't stop. You didn't stop at all." I was floored. That was just absolutely not true. However, I wasn't going to argue with him there.

He continued to be highly abusive. I continued to be polite. He then ticketed me for failure to stop at a flashing red. I apologized again for misunderstanding. He said, "Then you shouldn't have a license at all."

As a survivor of domestic abuse, I recognized what sort of person he was. And I hope his wife or girlfriend someday finds the courage to report.

I continued to be polite. However, I will not rest until the perjuring bully is brought to justice.

I don't know why he lied. Maybe he had a "non-quota" to meet and he saw an easy mark in the '95 Tercel with homemade roofracks. Maybe he just doesn't like women (okay, I'm sure he doesn't like wome, just as I'm sure he likes power over women. I know that kind too well and I'm glad I had a witness with me or who knows what he would have done to me.)

However, it's more likely that he was embarrassed because he nearly caused an accident by failing to look where he was going, and wrote me a ticket because he though I couldn't make a court date, and couldn't afford an attorney.

Now, inattention alone is forgivable. There was some unusual police activity going on that evening (what looked like a major bust, especially for that rural county).

I speculate that it's actually quite forgivable to be distracted by a surprising or major radio call, pause an unusually long time to listen to and/or respond to it, and look up from one's dash equipment a split second later than usual while taking off again after pausing, especially if you have no reason to expect anyone else to be there. It was, after all 1 AM in the middle of nowhere, at an intersection he probably patrols every night.

That is understandable, even if it nearly causes an accident. It didn't and I wasn't going to ticket him; I'm not a cop, nor do I think any local force in my area is likely to start recruiting pacifists anytime soon.

However, perjury, and victimizing people because you don't think they can defend themselves and it's easier than taking responsibility for your own actions, are not.

I believe that he targeted me because my inexpensive car indicated that I would not be able to afford an attorney. I believe that he targeted me because I was from out of town and he didn't think I could make it to court.

I believe that the officer perjured himself in several things.

He claimed that he arrived at the intersection first. He did not. I remember waiting for him to pull up. As does my passenger.

He claimed that I did not come to a full stop and that he was not distracted. One of those was a lie. I don't know which one, but one of them was. If it was the second one, if he had made a mistake and been too arrogant to admit that he could have, then it was really stupid of him because he bought himself a jail term for nothing but ego.

He may have even claimed that he entered the intersection first; I can't recall. In any case, he didn't.

He claimed that the police cruiser with headlights off, that he waved to as he was standing next to my car, and that I remarked on (I think I actually asked him if the other car knew his headlights were off, and I do recall that he replied) was an "ordinary car" (he had no description, because he was lying) with headlights on.

However, the presence of the other police cruiser is the one I can catch him at. I am asking how to get proof that he did not make a stop at 1 AM in the middle of nowhere of a car with two people in it, without another officer anywhere nearby. They damn sure don't do that in the city.

I am asking if there is any record kept of what cars were where. If I find that data, I can prove that he's a liar, and thus get my conviction overturned, and help put a criminal away.

It's also possible that, if I can find the driver of the other car, I can subpoena him or her, in the hopes of finding a whistleblower. It's obvious that the perjuring officer was afraid of that; why else lie about it?

I am hoping that some honest cop out there will help me.

Please remember that bad cops tarnish the image of the police for everyone and make it much harder for you to get people to talk. Police can only do their job if they are trusted and people like this bully only make your job harder.

Bad cops and good cops are not on the same side.

Edit to address other comments:

1. It was not an unmarked cruiser. It was a marked cruiser with its headlights off.
                  2. It was not a dummy car. It drove past after the officer pulled me over. The officer was standing next to my car and waved to the officer driving it (I don't know why, but I am pretty obviously harmless). I remarked on it to him and he responded; I can't recall exactly what. Probably asked him if the other officer knew his headlights were off.
                  3. I don't really care about subpoenaing the driver of the other cruiser, I just want to prove that there was another cruiser there, because the perjurer said under oath that it was not. If I can catch him in one lie, then the others fall under reasonable doubt.
                  4. I know it'll cost me more. I'm going to hire an attorney. My mother actually offered to pay the fine for me (I'm broke and I do a lot of stuff for them), because I was so distraught and she knows that I absolutely don't lie. (In fact, I have a disorder (ADD) that makes me virtually incapable of it. It also makes my prose sort of a mess when I'm in a hurry; sorry about that.) I am willing to incur the expense because it's a matter of right and wrong, good and evil.
                  Last edited by Raistlin; 07-29-2005, 04:05 PM. Reason: clarity and simultaneous posts

Comment

I am hoping that some honest cop out there will help me.
                    Where is Bodie when you need him?
                    No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Comment

Bad cops and good cops are not on the same side.
                      Well theres one rational thought anyway. I am a very honest cop, if I do say so myself. If he did intentionally lie about you stopping, then yes, he deserves to be disciplined.

I do not believe for an instant though that he has plotted this scheme over a mere traffic ticket. Not even a big ticket at that.

Like I said before, maybe you stopped, maybe you didn't. Maybe he lied, maybe he didn't. Why didn't your passenger see the mysterious patrol car without any lights? Does your passenger have something to lie about? Is he in on the conspiracy to ruin your driving record so that you lose your license, fail all your classes because you can't go to school, get stuck at home with five kids and live off welfare the rest of your life? Now that makes sense to me...it must be true!

I repeat, for the third time in this thread, If that other car was another Officer, he would have stopped to provide the Officer that stopped you with assistance. That is how we do things, ESPECIALLY at 1 a.m. I do not believe it was a patrol car, if there was a car at all. Sounds like only 1/3 of the people there SAW another car.

You have jumped to so many conclusions here that I don't know where to begin, and I would pretty much have to copy and paste your whole novel here and pick it apart piece by piece. I am not that patient, I can't even believe that I read this thread.

I say again. You will not win this battle, especially if you go into court accusing the Officer of being a woman beater biggot that only ticketed you because you drive a cheap car and lived a good distance away from his town. For that matter, if you mention almost anything you posted here in court, the judge is likely to commit you for evaluation.

Done.
                      Last edited by haus409; 07-29-2005, 04:19 PM.
                      "He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still"

-Lao Tzu

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

-Reinhold Niebuhr

Comment

4. I know it'll cost me more. I'm going to hire an attorney. My mother actually offered to pay the fine for me (I'm broke and I do a lot of stuff for them), because I was so distraught and she knows that I absolutely don't lie. (In fact, I have a disorder (ADD) that makes me virtually incapable of it. It also makes my prose sort of a mess when I'm in a hurry; sorry about that.) I am willing to incur the expense because it's a matter of right and wrong, good and evil.
                        As someone who has had ADD (and AADD) all their lives I can assure you that ADD does not inhibit you being able to lie, at all.

Comment

OMG Raistlin,

If your testimony in court was anything like your post, you lost your case in the first 30 seconds.

Because the judge wasn't present to see what really happened, all he can do is listen to both sides and based on what he hears, decide to the best of his ability what took place, whether punishment is warranted and if so, how much punishment is appropriate. Believe it or not, that's what justice is. It's not what you think is right or what the officer thinks is right, its what the judge thinks is right after hearing both sides. (Many people have a lot of difficulty with that concept.)

To this end, the judge can only concern himself with whether or not you ran the stop sign. For the purposes of deciding this case, he doesn't care if the officer beats his wife, or hates women and Jews. All he cares about is whether or not the evidence supports your having run a stop sign.

Your post is about 5% fact and 95% personal philosophy and self definition peppered with bizarre assumptions like, "He could have been waiting to lure me into the intersection," "I have reason to believe that he has issues with women," "I know a batterer when I see one," "manifestly crooked," "He radiated this incredible, unreasoning, implacable hatred. Either he has a problem with women or he has a problem with Jews. He's a bigot and a perjurer." This is nothing more than a personal attack on the officer and has nothing to do with whether or not you ran a stop sign. It has been my experience that people who try to divert attention from the facts by making personal attacks against officers usually fall in one or more of four categories:

1.They know they are guilty and are trying to divert attention from their guilt by making counter accusations, or;

2. They are trying to win by bullying, or;

3. They are working on the mistaken premise that he who argues longest wins, or;

4. They simply are wackos.

In any case, if you testified in a manner even remotely similar to your post, you lost you case after the first 30 seconds because you didn't stick to the relevant facts.

Now, lets talk about perjury - it's not what you think. Just because someone's perception of an event differs from that of another doesn't constitute perjury. If that were the case, then the officer could ask that you be prosecuted because your version differed from his. In California, perjury occurs only when all of the following conditions are met.

1. The Lie must be willful;

2. The person must know what they saying is false, and;

3. The lie must be about a material matter.

Whether or not there was a police car or a passenger car next to the officer and whether or not it had its lights on is not material to whether or not you ran the stop sign. As such, there is no perjury under the law.

Finally, when you tell a police officer or a judge that you never break the traffic laws, you've instantly shot yourself in the foot as far as credibility goes. The average citizen breaks one traffic law for every mile driven. The thing is, 99% of traffic violations are not deliberate but are the result of inattention. As such, people don't realize they have committed most violations until they are stopped by an officer and cited. And because they were unaware of what they did, they always want to accuse the officer of perjury. Even though I've been a cop for 32 yours, I find myself in the same boat. A couple of days ago I realized that when I came to a particular stop sign I really didn't stop. I just hit the brakes hard enough to feel the breaking lurch and then kept going. In reality I ran the stop sign at a couple miles an hour. Last month I was on the freeway driving at a speed I felt to be comfortable, safe and legal, until I looked at the speedometer and realized I was doing 85 in a 65. The whole point is that most drivers really don't pay attention, so they are shocked when they get cited.

One last thing. When you talk about going bankrupt if necessary to see that a cop is fired and jailed merely for giving you a ticket you disagree with, well....lets just say you loose a lot of credibility points, right off the bat.
                          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Is it me, or did this person just repost her entire first post again? So much for a summary.

If your testimony in court was anything like your post, you lost your case in the first 30 seconds.
                            L-1, you beat me to it. Excellent post.
                            Still leading the team in PIMs, the fans are calling me a goon.
                            --------------------
                            This is Papa Bear. Put out an APB for a male suspect, driving a... car of some sort, heading in the direction of, uh, you know, that place that sells chili. Suspect is hatless. Repeat, hatless.

Comment

After I turned, the officer went into the intersection after I had begun my turn, nearly causing an accident. I believe that is why he lied. I braked to avoid an accident.

When I was about halfway through the turn, the two police cruisers started into the intersection, nearly causing an accident. I braked immediately.
                              Was the second car parked or in motion? Your story has too many inconsitincies and way too much editorializing to be true. I do not think that you are going to be able to convince anyone here that the officer pulled you over and cited you because he almost caused an accident. As a self confessed pacifist and battered woman I believe that you have a problem with the "establishment" and men that view has tainted your perception of the incident.

Do yourself a huge favor. Pay the fine and go on with your life.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4605 users online. 280 members and 4325 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X