300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• background confusion

I am currently doing a background investigation for a department and listed every thing that I had done wrong. This included suspensions from school that I remembered and speeding ticket. During the investigation the detective discovered two suspinsions that I had in high school that I did not list. I had forgotten all about them and I still don't remember the details of them. According to him I was lying and just didn't want them to know about it. He said I should come clean and tell the truth, but I honosestly don't remember. He is still continueing on my background check and has found nothing else so I assume I am still in the running. What do you guys think.

If he TOLD you that you lied to him, I would say you are done. It's funny how BI's are so different from place to place. I do not know anyone here that had their HS contacted. I'm curious to see Bodie's comments here.
    In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Edit: Woops, Ask A Cop
      Last edited by Puget Sound; 07-29-2005, 02:26 PM. Reason: Ask A Cop
      Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
      Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Comment

Dude, how many times were you suspended from HS? So many that you can't remember them all is probably a bad indicator to begin with unless you're in your 30's.

As far as the BI goes, you are either done, or he was testing you to see how you would respond.
        "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I am 25 and I really dont remember the details. I remember being suspended once and I told him about that and the other times I was just sent to the office and required to stay there so to me that was not a suspension. He still wants me to come and talk with him at the department and do a final interview. I am really not sure if I want to go or not because if I am disqualified it really is a waste of my time and money. I really dont know how to take it. i was only suspended 4 times in highschool accourding to my school record and they said that they were all out of school suspensions but I dont recall going home for any of those except one.
          Last edited by topcop; 07-30-2005, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by topcop
            I am 25 and I really dont remember the details. I remember being suspended once and I told him about that and the other times I was just sent to the office and required to stay there so to me that was not a suspension. He still wants me to come and talk with him at the department and do a final interview. I am really not sure if I want to go or not because if I am disqualified it really is a waste of my time and money. I really dont know how to take it. i was only suspended 4 times in highschool accourding to my school record and they said that they were all out of school suspensions but I dont recall going home for any of those except one.
            I'm not a cop, but I JUST wanted to say that when you're sent to the office and expected to stay there, it's considered "in-house" suspension. I had it for one day as well when I was about 15 years of age. Because I'm not a cop yet, I don't think I can comment on anything else. Good luck, though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4578 users online. 270 members and 4308 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X