300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma City

Does anybody here work for the Oklahoma City Police? or any near Edmond?
    How do you like it?
    How is your pay?
    What type of weapon do you get to carry?
    Is there other departments that you would rather work for?

Just thinking into the future alittle bit and am gladly accepting any information. Thank you for your time.
    When a crime breaks out, all the cute girls shout
    get the, good looking guy

i dont work for any of them, i looked into them,,go to askjeeves.com and put in oklahoma city police, edmond oklahom police, norman oklahoma police, pay is good at all, ocpd is best plus they work 8 days on 6 off, the others work 5 8hr days, about mid 30k is starting pay, i have met several officers from all of the above, i havent heard anything really negative about them. there is a lot of activity here,,,is been pretty crazy lately. i personally am applying for the hwy patrol. edmond put s you through the regular state run academy, ocpd and norman both have their own academies. even if you are certified, you have to go through them.

Comment

OKC has take home cars, morale is decent from what I here. Only been there twice but it seems like a decent city to live in. Bricktown is a nice new little shopping/restaurant/bar district.
      Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

PM me if you have any questions regarding Edmond.
        sigpic

Comment

Just the basics. My girlfriend of three years father lives in Edmond, and when we go to visit we like it down there. I will actually be in Edmond from Aug. 3rd to the 10th visiting. I was thinking about working for Oklahoma City, just because it seems to be the biggest department, but if they are compairable, and all nice departments, then I would love to work for any surrounding department.

I would not be able to work there for alittle while yet, as I am only 19. By the time I am 21 I will have at least 60 credits, so I should be in a hireable position.

Do you know what Edmond, and surrounding departments are like for pay and benifits? How hard is it to get into these departments? I am not sure what the correct word is, but how busy are they?
          Not the most important thing, but what do they use for a weapon, is it issued, or would I get to choose?

Most importantly, what are shifts like, also, time off?

I would like to thank everyone for their time in reading and responding to this.

Comment

You have a novel of a PM in you inbox. Think it covers EVERYTHING you'd want.
            sigpic

Comment

Oklahoma Highway Patrol and the Yukon OKlahoma Police department is now taking app if you have 60 hours of college!!!

Comment

Good point oSu... Yukon needing "quite a few" nowadays!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by oSutrooper
                  Oklahoma Highway Patrol and the Yukon OKlahoma Police department is now taking app if you have 60 hours of college!!!
                  If I had the credits right now that would be great. I'm hoping something like that comes around two years from now.

Comment

You should be ok in two years. While neither hires "often," still should be ok in two years. OHP seems to be the one who hires most sporadically.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, if in fact u do move to this wonderful state, OSUOKC is a great school to get you aa in police science. If you would rather get a BA in CJ, the rose state and then UCO or just UCO is a great school, keep us posted as what you decide to do.

GO POKES

Comment

I am in Edmond right now, going back to WI on Wednesday.

I took a tour of OU in Norman, It looks like a nice place.

I was kind of thinking about transfering there and getting a degree in avation, seeing that is the only other thing I am really intrested in besides police work, and from the way that others made it sound, It would be more worth my while to get a degree not in CJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Dons
                          I am in Edmond right now, going back to WI on Wednesday.

I took a tour of OU in Norman, It looks like a nice place.

I was kind of thinking about transfering there and getting a degree in avation, seeing that is the only other thing I am really intrested in besides police work, and from the way that others made it sound, It would be more worth my while to get a degree not in CJ.
                          Well... 1st and foremost I'd avoid OU at all cost... then again, I bleed OSU Orange.

2nd... yes, I think you would find it more "worth your while," one if gives you something to fall back on incase you cannot pursue a career in law enforcement due to say an injury and two I'd find it mush more fulfilling to learn something different than what I'd already have to deal with for eight hours a day!
                          sigpic

Comment

I to bleed OSU orange, UCO in Edmond has a great CJ program.

Friends don't let friends go to UO.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7515 users online. 424 members and 7091 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X