300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parties

If you are underage can you be arrested for being at a party with under-age drinking, even if you really didn't drink anything and didn't buy the alcohol?
    Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

You would not be arrested in Texas unless you had a drink in your hand or furnished it to minors or were responsible for the property where this was going on.

Comment

Yes and no, because you are at the party in Texas you can get MIC, (Minor in Poss.) but if you are not a *** to the officers an secene and tell them that you werent drinking theyu mnay not give you one
      PSE Anderson

"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"

"Better to be by judged 12, than carried by 6"

Comment

In Wisconsin you couldn't be arrested unless you had consumed some alcohol.
        Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

***NOT LEO***

Not LEO, but I feel kinda qualified to answer. I work campus security, and we deal with this all the time. My campus goes across two jurisdictions; one is major city (Philly) and they simply don't care about this issue. Frankly, unless someone has been stabbed, shot, etc., they've got bigger fish to fry; they'll tell you to break up the party and go home, but won't arrest unless you're REALLY being an oboxious #$%$. Other jurisdiction is a smaller suburb, but also one of the richest in the country; their constituents make sure the police don't take crap from nobody. When they break up a party, they'll bring out a portable breathalyzer test (PBT) and check EVERYone present. I have seen them bring it out when responding to the most minor disturbance. They will cite our students for posession on sight, when blowing the right #, and/or just by appearance, etc. usual for public drunkeness.

Guess where our kids go to drink?

Short answer: it depends...

Comment

Originally posted by EMT
            Yes and no, because you are at the party in Texas you can get MIC, (Minor in Poss.) but if you are not a *** to the officers an secene and tell them that you werent drinking theyu mnay not give you one
            Sure glad the Explorer knows more than me about Texas law.

Comment

Originally posted by MICHAELH663
              Start hookin them up. Anyone says anything, like the D.A or whomever, you know, nobody important... just tell them "an Explorer said I could!!!"
              sigpic

Comment

We charge the non drinkers all the time with possession because whether they are drinking or not they are allowing a crime to occur in their presence and basically encouraging others to drink.

I also find it amazing how many of the non drinkers "just got there" or were "just picking up a friend" before the police arrived.

Comment

Originally posted by MICHAELH663
                  It is a good thing was a good law student because he must have flunked English.

Comment

Originally posted by letshearit4blue
                    If you are underage can you be arrested for being at a party with under-age drinking, even if you really didn't drink anything and didn't buy the alcohol?

probably not, but they might take everyone's name who is underage and contact parents. it is CYA, because even if you didn't drink any alcohol, the local police will like to tell parents what went on so as to prevent future parties. Also when parents come down and complain that they weren't notified that we spoke to their 15 or 16 yo.
                    retired, NOT retarded

Comment

Originally posted by toughjerseyguy
                      Why would any of these students submit to such a field breath test?
                      In my state a Juvenile cant refuse to take a PBT if they do automatic lock up.
                      Quick throw me your cuffs I already used all of mine
                      Come here Slick Im not done with you yet

Comment

under 18 has to take the test no choice Under 21 has to take it if we have PC to believe they have been drinking if they refuse they get charged with possession anyway

Comment

K, thanks for the info everyone.
                          Perhaps I'm just bad at sorting out info, but it sounds like a maybe-maybe not thing?
                          Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

In MD Yes you could would I probally not unless you were being an ***

Comment

From EMT's signature line:

"Better the be judged by 12, THEN carried by 6"

Don't you mean "THAN"?

Then implies a subsequent action, therefore judged by 12, then carried by 6 would mean convicted and executed.

Than means in opposition to or instead of.

Just a question.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3626 users online. 168 members and 3458 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X