300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Housing Authority

Can anyone tell me what exactly a housing authority officer does? I don't think all housing authorities have enforcement units.

You patrol the housing projects. Alot of larger housing authorities have gotten rid of their police forces (IE Chicago, NY and LA County) in favor of contract guards and using municpal resources.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

New York merged it's Housing and Transit Police into the city police about 10 years ago.
      Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

In Chicago, the mayor did not want to merge the CHA Police with the Chicago Police. The CHA Police had to either take the Chicago Test and compete as a regular applicant or were laid off.

When merging was spoken of, their supervisors were hoping to be absorbed as well into Chicago P.D. as Supervisors. A lot of Chicago Officers did NOT like that idea since it would remove promotional opportunity. Senority issues were also spoken of.

Comment

Baltimore did away with Housing Police as well. Most were hired in a shortened process with BPD which used them to start a housing unit. Some went to other agencies as laterals.
          In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

Buffalo disbanded their HAPD last month. County bankrupt + City can't find it's way out of a wet paper bag...

...hard to get a job here.
            "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." ~ Romans 13:4

Comment

Or otherwise known as The Project Police... Full police powers in Pittsburgh, probably all across PA but limited jurisdiction.
              I got nothing for now

Comment

Philadelphia's Housing Authority PD is dwindling away to nothing. I understand it is a terrible job.

Comment

Originally posted by e-man
                  Or otherwise known as The Project Police... Full police powers in Pittsburgh, probably all across PA but limited jurisdiction.
                  Didn't Pgh just get rid of their HA police earlier this year?
                  Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5120 users online. 293 members and 4827 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X