Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radar question???

Question???

It is against federal law for a commercial moter vehicle to have radar /laser detectors in any state. If the state that i'm in does not have this same law, can the state LE enforce the federal law???
    Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Originally posted by Straight Up
    Question???

It is against federal law for a commercial moter vehicle to have radar /laser detectors in any state. If the state that i'm in does not have this same law, can the state LE enforce the federal law???
    Can you post a link to the section? I'm far from an expert in commercial enforcement and have never run across that before.
    Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

Originally posted by PTI
      Can you post a link to the section? I'm far from an expert in commercial enforcement and have never run across that before.

No sorry I can not. I believe it was an executive order signed in by the first Clinton administration.

I do know its to be an actual law though. Real big to-do a few years back. I will try to find more on it.
      The question come up on a drivers forum ( Dave Nemo) and I thought I would rather get a real answer here as opposed to the C B News channel

Also
      Straight Up

Comment

Ok found it.

Fmcsa.dot.gov rules and regulations title 49 392.71

Or you can pick up at any truck stop a little green book called Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.

As follows:
        392.71 radar detectors; use and/or possession.
        (a) No driver shall use a radar detector in a commercial motor vehicle, or operate a commercial motor vehicle that is equipped with or contains any radar detector.
        (b) No motor carrier shall require or permit a driver to violate paragraph (a) of this section
        Straight Up

Comment

[QUOTE=Straight Up]No sorry I can not. I believe it was an executive order signed in by the first Clinton administration.

I do know its to be an actual law though. Real big to-do a few years back. I will try to find more on it.
          The question come up on a drivers forum ( Dave Nemo) and I thought I would rather get a real answer here as opposed to the C B News channel

Also
          Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

Originally posted by PTI
            What? You mean the CB news channel isn't reliable? Thats where we used to get our best info here in CA.
            About the CB news channel.....when I was in or air ops unit I used to get on the CB and tell everyone I just heard about a news report where the trailer industry was teaming with law enforcement and was going to coat the tops of their trailers with a coating that could be seen at night from altitudes of 5000 feet so the Highway Patrol could work speed enforcement from the air at night and at high altitudes to be undetected. Talk about some funny conversations after that.
            I could imagine
            Straight Up

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up
              Question???

If your state has adopted the Federal Motor Carrier Laws, you can enforce it.

Georgia has adopted them in the Official Code of Georgia. You write them under the Georgia Code section and then list the Federal section as a reference.
              Sign here. Press hard. You are making five copies.

Comment

Originally posted by AtlCop
                Georgia .
                Atlcop
                Straight Up

Comment

[QUOTE=Straight Up]Atlcop

Comment

If your State accepts DOT funds, they have to enforce DOT regulations. They don't just apply to Interstates. That's why all stop signs, speed signs, yield signs etc. are the same color, size and form regardless of where they are posted. If you check, you'll find that every state has the same laws when it comes to things like this.

Comment

in oklahoma, it doesnt matter whether it is a "city kitty" (damn i hate that) or a "full grown" if you get stopped with a detector in a big truck,,you get busted.

Comment

In Washington state the HOV lane does not count as the left lane. Here you can have a detector, but if I pulled you over and you had one I was going to write you up if you were speeding.

Comment

Originally posted by mach4
                          In Washington state the HOV lane does not count as the left lane. Here you can have a detector, but if I pulled you over and you had one I was going to write you up if you were speeding.
                          Radar detectors in commercial vehicles are illegal in all fifty states. It is part of the Federal Motor Carrier Laws.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5061 users online. 312 members and 4749 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X