Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mobrien316
    replied
    Were you speeding when you got the ticket? How much over?

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    That won't cause you any problems.

Leave a comment:

• dptyrob
    replied
    Originally posted by Bellum
    Would your department hold the following against a person who is applying for a reserve officer slot.

I am currently in a 2nd phase of the application for a reserve slot, which is a written test.

Between the time I started the process, hence turned in the hiring packet, I got a speeding ticket. I plead "Not Guilty" and the case was dismissed because the officer didn't show up for court.

So now when I fill out the Statement of History, should I list this ticket??
    Even with the ticket dismissed would it reflect negatively on me during the hiring process??

Thanks,

I believe that most background forms ask you if you have been "convicted" of this or that. Your answer in regards to that traffic ticket will be "no." If there is a question that asks you if you've ever had a ticket or been charged then your answer is "yes." In such a case it will usually ask for a disposition or verdict to which you would indicate the case was dismissed.

The dismissal should not have any adverse effect on your ability to get a job with that agency unless there's a political connection between your getting that job and any toes you may have stepped on by getting that dismissal (which the officer that charged you probably doesn't know or care about the case being dismissed). Most people plead guilty and/or pay off their tickets and the officer is also unaware of those.

Leave a comment:

• Bellum
    started a topic Quick question for you guys

Quick question for you guys

Would your department hold the following against a person who is applying for a reserve officer slot.

I am currently in a 2nd phase of the application for a reserve slot, which is a written test.

Between the time I started the process, hence turned in the hiring packet, I got a speeding ticket. I plead "Not Guilty" and the case was dismissed because the officer didn't show up for court.

So now when I fill out the Statement of History, should I list this ticket??
    Even with the ticket dismissed would it reflect negatively on me during the hiring process??

Thanks,

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2908 users online. 116 members and 2792 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X