300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanish

I have taken three college courses in Spanish. I plan to take additional courses in Spanish after I graduate. Will my three courses and future plans for Spanish have a positive affect in the hiring process-when I finally get to that point?

If it's not too late, minor in Spanish. If you are fluent in Espanol that will put you ahead of many applicants.

Comment

I think I will eventually get a minor, but not right now.

Comment

This is America. English is our primary language. All official departmental communication will be in English. All reports will be in English. If you want to do well, get hired & advance, master communication in English. Public speaking, communication & debate are also excellent areas that will help you communicate better & help you sell yourself. A degree in public administration is also viewed very favorably.

On my department people who speak spanish are a dime a dozen. Bring solid communication skills in English. If you want to make yourself more marketable, computer sciences are good as is accounting. You want to have skills that set you apart. Nothing will do that more than your ability to communicate effectively in English.

Comment

In the Midwest, speaking Spanish is a great benefit. There are a large number of migrant workers during the summer, and the population of permanent workers is rapidly rising. I can't tell you how many times I've pulled a car over and the driver has a legitimate license, but doesn't speak English. Then it'sa a real problem finding a translator. It makes me regret taking French in High School!
          Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Yes, Spanish can be the deciding factor if you are equally qualified as another applicant.
            "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
            John Stuart Mill

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4556 users online. 278 members and 4278 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X