Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expiremented more then just once or twice...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expiremented more then just once or twice...

Alright, after reading posts after posts of guys worried about not getting hired, because they tried marijuana a couple times, it's got me really worried now.

I smoked pot, regulary, from 14-16 yrs old. and tried meth twice.

Here's the thing, I've been clean, going to school for my Criminal Justice degree, and working in Loss Prevention, I also have quite a bit of resources.
    I cannot imagine anything other then Law Enforcement in my future, it just doesn't seem like an option.

Tell me what your departments would say.
    "Be polite,
    Be professional,
    But always have a plan to kill everyone you meet"

nothing to see here
    Last edited by olnacl; 05-18-2006, 02:48 PM.

Comment

meth = disqualification, hard drugs alter the brain, and can have flashback effects, sorry

Comment

thats the thing, acid produces flashbacks, meth does not. IS THERE ANY CHANCE, is all I want to know. Has anyone heard of a officer, that has a bit of my background.

Even in corrections?
        "Be polite,
        Be professional,

Comment

dq'd

I have never heard of anyone taking meth or any other hard or mind altering drug and being hired. That is one mistake that only time can heal. MAYBE when you are in your 30's or so and have shown no use of anything, you could get in the back door of a small PD. There are too many applicants with no record and no meth use looking for an LE job. Sorry to say it but I would say you are toast in LE. Doesn't mean you are a bad person. Means you used bad judgment. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Comment

all hard drugs can have delayed effect or expirences, maybe not a true flashback, but also have you seen the national news lately, METH IS NUMBER ONE PROBLEM. i m sorry, but in my opinion, you dont stand a chance, like the other person said, there is you, and there is probably about 50 or more applicants that did nt have drug use in their background, even as experimental only. PLUS just about all depts have a "auto dq" list of drugs, depending on what classification it is, okla 1 possession of marij. is a misdemeanor, 1 poss. of meth is a felony,,,NO HIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
            Last edited by gotthblues; 07-25-2005, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Alright question number 2, if that doesn't work out... Im already getting my criminal justice degree. What other job options do I have with a degree like that. I know payroll officer, but I just dont know what else. Help
              "Be polite,
              Be professional,

Comment

Really??

Originally posted by 72na55
                MAYBE when you are in your 30's or so and have shown no use of anything, you could get in the back door of a small PD. ... Good luck in your future endeavors.
                So you're telling me you can't ever become a cop if you've just tried coke and pot as a teen?

Say you were 19 and you tried coke and pot twice and never used it again. If you are now 35-40 with no drug use since then and have led a totally respectful life that includes say, serving in high-level positions of large corporations or owning your own business, can you not even become a Reserve officer?

I find it hard to believe that actions taken while so young can be held against you when you're older and much more mature. I can understand why depts would want to choose applicants who have not tried any drugs in their life but how many of those are there out there? Really?
                Homer Simpson: "I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!"

Comment

nothing to see here
                  Last edited by olnacl; 05-18-2006, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Trying pot once or twice while a teen you can still get hired, any other drugs forget it. If you've done meth you won't even be able to be a voluteer or reserve in Washington state. Sorry. My advise would be to change your subject of study to something where you might have a chance of getting a job.

Comment

Originally posted by Lookin2Future
                      I smoked pot, regulary, from 14-16 yrs old. and tried meth twice.
                      Sorry to break it to you, but smoking pot regularly at 14-16 years old while your brain was developing has probably cause your brain chemistry to be screwed. If young people truely new what pot and meth could do to their brains they'd be freaked right out.

See if you can get a copy of the "Truth About Drugs" narrated and hosted by Liza Gibbons. The CT scans of the brain of one the kids will blow you away.

For anyone that does any work with youth or schools, I highly highly recommend it.

The pot you might have gotten away with, the meth, you're probably done, unless you put a good decade and half in between your last use, and your application. Apply in your thirties, with a degree, and ton of community involvement, a wife & child, a house and good credit.. and maybe someone will forgive it.

Comment

alright, I guess I'll put in my last word. How about AirForce Security Forces or Military Police. Are they going to deny me of a job. Guys, I really just can't imagine not being a cop.

And again, are they any other jobs available (for me) with a Criminal Justice Degree? I'm considering corrections, or is that out of the question, too?
                        "Be polite,
                        Be professional,

Comment

alright, I guess I'll put in my last word. How about AirForce Security Forces or Military Police. Are they going to deny me of a job. Guys, I really just can't imagine not being a cop.

And again, are they any other jobs available (for me) with a Criminal Justice Degree? I'm considering corrections, or is that out of the question, too?
                          put applications in... whats the worst that can happen? they say no?
                          if they say no, press on... most of these replies are disheartening, and harsh, but they are the truth.
                          did you want to be a cop when you were 16?

Comment

By all means, apply to wherever you want. But just keep in mind that when you chose to use those chemicals you did so voluntarily, and you may have to face the consequences of those decisions. Even at 14 or whatever age you were you knew the difference between right and wrong.

Sometimes responsibility sucks...
                            Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Comment

Why can't you become a wanna-be cop like a security guard in a big time business that allows you to carry a gun and $hit.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6617 users online. 362 members and 6255 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X