300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court security

Anyone know of a website(s) that is for court security or court officers?

Originally posted by LT. EXPLORER
    Anyone know of a website(s) that is for court security or court officers?

I don't know of a web site for it, but it's a good job. You learn a great deal in there, especially if you rotate through the different courts.

Comment

Originally posted by dptyrob
      I don't know of a web site for it, but it's a good job. You learn a great deal in there, especially if you rotate through the different courts.
      Are you court?

Comment

Gah this is a sore subject for me (even though I have only been working there for 3 weeks)....I am a Sheriff Deputy (Detentions, Courts and Transport) and we have a combined court County/District and the judge has decided that no one may have firearms in the courtroom including Deputies in the wake of the Atlanta courtroom debacle....which completely miffs me because we have no screening process for those that enter the court (i.e. no metal detectors or x-ray machines) ...I know this had nothing to do with your question I just had to vent......hijack over continue with your regularly scheduled programming

Comment

that will all change when someone does bring a weapon in an pops everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
            that will all change when someone does bring a weapon in an pops everyone.

unfortunatly.....I asked my FTO about this the other day and she told me just to grab a Inmate and use his as a shield and try and get out of the courtroom OR take my chances with the trusty taser...

Comment

Originally posted by BS_CJ
              unfortunatly.....I asked my FTO about this the other day and she told me just to grab a Inmate and use his as a shield and try and get out of the courtroom OR take my chances with the trusty taser...
              thats about all the primates,,i mean, inmates are good for.

Comment

Originally posted by LT. EXPLORER
                Are you court?
                Nah, I last worked in the courts in 98. It's a great place to learn how things work, especially if you've had higher education in the criminal justice field. It's kind of like the difference in reading the instructions for your new microwave while sitting on the couch in the living room and reading the instructions for your new microwave while standing there in front of the microwave.

Originally posted by BS_CJ
                Gah this is a sore subject for me (even though I have only been working there for 3 weeks)....I am a Sheriff Deputy (Detentions, Courts and Transport) and we have a combined court County/District and the judge has decided that no one may have firearms in the courtroom including Deputies in the wake of the Atlanta courtroom debacle....which completely miffs me because we have no screening process for those that enter the court (i.e. no metal detectors or x-ray machines) ...I know this had nothing to do with your question I just had to vent......hijack over continue with your regularly scheduled programming

Yeah, that's terrible. Personally, I'd wear a backup concealed somewhere. Screw that judge. We had a guy blow his own brains out in front of a judge right after I started court security in 94. There were 2 bailiffs in the courtroom; 1 was doing paperwork and didn't even know what was going on until well after the gun went off and the other saw the guy pulling the gun out but had just brought a string of prisoners up from the jail and didn't have a gun on him. That guy could have shot anyone he wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
                  thats about all the primates,,i mean, inmates are good for.

I just hope I'm not around WHEN it happens....I wish I were the Sheriff and could have a heart to heart with this judge

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2928 users online. 162 members and 2766 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X