Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Past Job History affect my future for a job??!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Past Job History affect my future for a job??!

I have a question, I just turned 20 and I'm currently going to college for Forensics. I'll be done in May and I've never had a 'real' job before, will this affect me getting hired at a Crime Lab? I would not think that a position like that would require me to become a sworn officer. What about a police officer position, with myself lacking job experience, would that effect getting hired as a police officer. I've gotten A's in the majority of criminal justices classes and in my Forensic's classes also A's. I've mainted a 3.6 GPA and my attendance record at college is excellent.

Ozzie,
    If you are in college now and will be getting your degree, then that would go a long way towards a job. Most departments look for education OR work experience (like military, job over 3 years etc. ). You should be fine with what you have and not having an actual JOB will not hurt you at your age. If you were 35, we'd have problems .

Just find what you like and have at it. Or apply to both. Good Luck

Comment

Past job history

Ozzie, a whole lot of folks would like to be where you are right now. Sounds to me like it's decision time. A degree in Forensics would seem to be a plus on a lot of agencies. Quite a few police agencies hire Criminalists, or similiar personnel in non-sworn capacities, others commission these personnel, and consider them officers with full arrest powers etc. It will depend on the agency(s) you apply to, as to which will be the case. The lack of a prior work history should not be a problem.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5421 users online. 294 members and 5127 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X