300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drug experimentation- possible dq?

I am interested in a career in law enforcement, but unfortunately I experimented with marijuana when I was fifteen. I was hanging out with somebody that wasn't so stable and due to peer pressure I smoked marijuana. In my entire life I have only smoked it three times, however, and obviously never will again. If I demonstrate my maturity and integrity to the agencies I apply to, can these unfortunate circumstances be overlooked? Thank you in advance for replies.

If that was it, most places will overlook it.
    For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

If you are telling the truth you will be fine.

Comment

Drug experimentation.

Disclose fully. If that's all of it, it shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

What would be considered a problem? I see that everyone is putting don't lie, disclose fully, but what would be a problem w/ marijuana use? Besides the obvious being a chronic smoker, dealer, buyer.
          Last edited by NPDeLeon; 07-25-2005, 04:36 PM.
          Put 'em on Safe and let 'em Hang...

Comment

Originally posted by NPDeLeon
            What would be considered a problem? I see that everyone is putting don't lie, disclose fully, but what would be a problem w/ marijuana use? Besides the obvious being a chronic smoker, dealer, buyer. What if it's someone that just uses socially, maybe once or twice a year, has had periods of not using (stopped in highschool for sports testing and explorer program), and maybe have done it 3 times since graduating high school, all social experiences, never bought or sold the stuff. Maybe have done once in the last 2 years. Never really smoked to get a full on high, like I said, mainly a social experience...any thoughts?

*NOT A COP*
            Is it legal up in your area of OR. I know its not in my part of the country. Last time I heard in the news it was still illegal in all parts of the country.

P.S. You just opened a can of worms on this one. Be prepared to be eaten alive.

Comment

thanks for the sarcasim...I know it's illegal but no one is jesus and sin free, we all make mistakes.
              Last edited by NPDeLeon; 07-25-2005, 04:35 PM.

Comment

What would be considered a problem? I see that everyone is putting don't lie, disclose fully, but what would be a problem w/ marijuana use? Besides the obvious being a chronic smoker, dealer, buyer.
                That makes it sound like you used more than a few times...It sounds like your asking how much you should admit to.
                "He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still"

-Lao Tzu

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

-Reinhold Niebuhr

Comment

Originally posted by NPDeLeon
                  thanks for the sarcasim...I know it's illegal but no one is jesus and sin free, we all make mistakes.

So is speeding, not stopping at a traffic light, stop sign, is all illegal.

So why stop there.

Comment

That's the thing, it's been a few times, maybe max of 5 in my lifetime. Never did it through highschool because we had sports drug testing and I was an explorer, a few times in middle school, never in my first two years of college, was a student public safety officer, and 2 times when I transferred to my current school, over 2 years ago. I was just curious what is considered a problem, or excessive use. I've been around the stuff many times since my last time, but have grown up and decided that MJ is completely useless. I have nothing to hide, I've made some mistakes in my choice to socially use it, but have never abused it.

Comment

Originally posted by toby101
                      So is speeding, not stopping at a traffic light, stop sign, is all illegal.

So why stop there.
                      I don't understand what you're getting at man? I'm not asking you since you're not an LEO, so why don't you keep your comments to yourself and go troll some other thread.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2660 users online. 140 members and 2520 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X