300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Legal Documents

I am having a hard time locating a "Petition for Title." It is used when you have to go before a judge to prove that an auto that you have is yours but has not been titled. (ATV)
    Any help would be great.

P.S. I have tried a google search but cant find anything. If anyone has a lawyer buddy that could get me a copy I would be forever thankful.

Originally posted by chiefhuntr
    I am having a hard time locating a "Petition for Title." It is used when you have to go before a judge to prove that an auto that you have is yours but has not been titled. (ATV)
    Any help would be great.

P.S. I have tried a google search but cant find anything. If anyone has a lawyer buddy that could get me a copy I would be forever thankful.

Try your state DMV office. Ours is called "Application for Lost/Stolen Title". Petition for Title is likely what it's called in your area. We don't have to go before a judge though, just submit to DMV and they run a title history and stolen. If there's no hit or other problems found, they issue a new title.

Comment

Goood Try

I wish it were that easy. The guy I bought the ATV from never got it titled. So it has never had one. (that I know of) So thats why I have to go in front of the judge.
      Thanks anyway.

Comment

Well, in TN you aren't required to title an ATV since it's an off-road vehicle. You get the MSO at purchase and that is your title. You can get an ATV titled in TN if you want, just so it's on file with the state in the event of theft.

Do you have any documents on it?

Comment

Thats An Idea

I dont have any paperwork on it but might be able to get some since I know where it was purchased. Ill have to get back to you on that.

Comment

Legal documents

I'm replying from Alabama, and yours is not a "one size fits all question". In Alabama, an ATV is not required to be titled,since it is an "off-road" vehicle.In fact, it's unlawful to operate one on the roadway. Missouri may also not require a title or registration. I'd suggest you contact your DMV, or possibly the nearest Highway Patrol Post to get current information on your situation.

Comment

I'd suggest asking wrecker services. They have to get unclaimed vehicles titled all the time before they can re-sell them, at least that's how it is here. If anyone can tell you how to get what your looking for, I'm sure it's them.
              You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3022 users online. 142 members and 2880 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X