300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about tresspassing charge in Ohio

I am sure this may have been asked before or maybe there has been something similar to this question...but I couldn't find anything.

I am hoping Ohio officers can help me out or anyone that might have some info on it..

What level is a trepassing charge/off-roading misdemeanor?

And would you think that it would affect my application process even though this happened 5 years ago when I went to pull my brother out of a ditch on a dirtroad and found out..when cops showed up that my brother and I were actually on some guys land..and the killer thing was my Dad was with us along with my Borther's girl-friends Dad...
    I think girls go after me for my Jeep

Under those circumstances, it is a misdemeanor. It should not hurt you as it not a big deal and it was five years ago. But I am wondering why you were arrested. Had the property owner had problems with people on his land?

Indiana, your situation would have been a class

Comment

It was wierd, the officers were actually called in because the owner of the land said he say dirt-bikes and wanted them. But then officers came upon my borther, dad, borther's GF's dad, and I...and well they could tell we not there to mean any harm and did not know we were on private property, but the owner kept pressing charges..so they took us in. The weird thing was that were all taken in a patroll 3 in back and one in front. No handcuffs or anything and the officers and chief at the station were all laughing about it and were trying to get us out of it, but couldn't. My Dad and my brother's Girl Friend's Dad got off and the guy who charged up,spent more money on court fees then what my brother had to pay in a fines.

Comment

Generally the first time you are caught trespassing in Ohio especially on oen land you are given a warning that you are indeed trespassing on private land and the second time you get charged. I doubt any law enforcement officer filed the charge it was no doubt the land owner who was fed but with people riding dirt bikes on his property.

Is it a big deal? No .... But if the next guy in the process is clean he will get the job not you. How are you otherwise qualified that would make them overlook this ?

OPOTC ? College ? etc Great health all these things may be needed in Ohio

By the way never tell a officer you didn't know you were on private property since all land not a park etc is private property so that excuse was lame.

Comment

Bodie,
          Actually..I am going to flip the bill myself and go to the academy myself, I an thinking of one in the Cincinnati area called Scarlet Oaks or Great Oaks to become an Ohio certified LEO, but I also am a college graduate and I am in good health.
          So if I can get all of that put on to the application, the tresspassing charge from the land owner will be looked over...unless, as you said Boide, the next guy has a clean reord.....
          Last edited by cincinnaticj7; 07-21-2005, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Since your OPOTC certificate expires in a short time and you woudl have to hustle to get hired with a criminal record no matter how small you should not waste your money until you get a department to hire.
            You could be wasting a lot of time and money.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Bodie. Could you recommend any departments that I should try for?

Comment

Dayton is testing soon
                Columbus Also
                Franklin County, Hamilton County and Montgomery County and even Butler.
                All Sheriff's where you start in the jail. Pay is good and you can go to school when off.

Comment

It is pretty crazy you were arrested for that. In Mo, if you were telling the truth about it being an accident and there were no signs very close to you, it would have been an infraction. Even if there were signs it would have been a very low Misdemeanor (I don't remember exactly which class).

The only trespassers I have arrested are the people who are told to leave a property and refuse (Usually a house or business). If I'd have been the deputies that "Had" to arrest you, I'd have been ****ed about the paperwork and waste of time.
                  "He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still"

-Lao Tzu

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

-Reinhold Niebuhr

Comment

i thought a misdemeanor had to be committed infront of an officer to make an arrest on the spot, or is it different in other states, and besides that, if the circumstances are as he said, then why not take a report, forward it to the DA and let them make a decision (charges/arrest or not to arrest).

Comment

Officers in Ohio do not file trespassing charges just the property owner.
                      So it's sure bet no officer signed any complaint. We alwsy fill it out have landowner swear to the facts and sign it in front of clerk.

Comment

that would be nice,,you got it good.. we had to fill out a whole UCR1, about 3 to 4 pgs for a bs report that more than likely wouldnt get filed anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                          Officers in Ohio do not file trespassing charges just the property owner.
                          So it's sure bet no officer signed any complaint. We alwsy fill it out have landowner swear to the facts and sign it in front of clerk.

I've made plenty trespass arrests w/o going through the above procedures, usually after arriving and telling trespasser to leave and they fail to follow my helpful advice. Normally do not file if the suspect has left.
                          Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

What about Cincinnati PD? Thought they hire frequently and you reside in that area. Just a thought.

Comment

6233108 how and why would you file trespass on private property ?
                              If loitering in a park after hours or other property that public ahs general access to but in or on a private individuals land we have the propertyy owner as the compltant file. We never have to go to court (rarely) in those cases and they don't get tossed by a judge wondering why a officer who does not own the PRIVATE property that was trespassed on ???

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4101 users online. 251 members and 3850 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X