Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uncle Mike's or Bianchi? (another duty gear question)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle Mike's or Bianchi? (another duty gear question)

Would like to know people's opinions on duty gear, specifically opinions on Uncle Mike's Nylon & Mirage gear, and Bianchi's Accumold Elite. I have read that many like the Bianchi setup while slamming Uncle Mike's quality, but have also read the opposite. This will be for the academy so I want it to look good but not cost a fortune.

Thanks all
    Homer Simpson: "I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!"

I like the Bianchi better but I'd make sure your allowed to wear nylon in the academy before you run out and buy it. Check on E Bay for some very good deals on duty gear.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

I prefer bianchi belt and holders, but I do go with either Uncle mikes Pro3 or Safariland SLS holsters...
      ~Wise men stand behind me, Brave men stand beside me, only Fools stand against me!~

Comment

Bianchi gear with Safariland holster. Looks good, and wears extremely well

Got a buddy of mine who's issued Uncle Mike's gear and holster - he is always getting gear replaced, plus it looks like crap.

Comment

Definately Bianchi. I haven't seen an Uncle Mike's set that hasn't started to fray after a couple of years, and none of it seems to hold it's shape. I agree that it looks like crap.
          Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

are a lot of depts. going to nylon for patrol gear?? i also agree with the 2nd post (i think) make sure they will allow nylon, if the acad. has any structure to it, they want leather (everywhere) that way you gotta work at it and keep it polished. as far as leather goes, safari land 4 stitch,,looks goood, doesnt show finger smugges as bad, it is paded well on the under side, and it last a long time.

Comment

Bianchi .... we once had issues with the old model 99a holster they were what we called Bijunki but I still prefer That brand all the way.
              Uncle Mike's isn't quality just at times a price point buy.

Comment

Bianchi without a doubt!

I have all of my issued Uncle Mikes gear packed neatly in its original packaging. (The best place for it)

I have seen UM Pro-III holster "ripped" off of another officer while training, not once but twice. You decide.
                Give assistance not advice in a crisis. - Aesop
                (c.620-560 BC)

Comment

One of the "In the line of duty" videos shows an officer involved shooting (Deputy in Alabama) wherein the suspect ripped the officer's duty weapon out of his holster. He absolutely demolished the holster, which was an Uncle Mike's pro3. If there's any chance you'll be using the holster after the academy, I wouldn't buy that one. And you really need to try and buy the type of holster you're most likely to use on the job (in other words, if you have an agency in mind, try and get a holster like they issue).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3039 users online. 176 members and 2863 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X