X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matto
    replied
    Originally posted by Stan Switek
    #14, 21 & 25 were not questions. Follow the rules.
    Refer back to #27.

Leave a comment:

• Stan Switek
    replied
    Originally posted by Matto
    I was asking a question.
    #14, 21 & 25 were not questions. Follow the rules.

Leave a comment:

• Matto
    replied
    Reply #14 is not a question. Follow the rules.
    I'm good. Thanks for caring.

Leave a comment:

• Stan Switek
    replied
    I was asking a question.
    Reply #14 is not a question. Follow the rules.

Leave a comment:

• Matto
    replied
    See post #23.
    I was asking a question.

Leave a comment:

• Stan Switek
    replied
    Hmph, well, maybe we'll get lucky and someone who's done both will chime in...
    See post #23.

Leave a comment:

• OfficerDotCom
    replied
    Please be reminded that if YOU ARE NOT A COP or in LAW ENFORCEMENT, you are NOT to reply to posts in the "Ask a Cop" section.

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• pkagel
    replied
    BTW, I re-read my sentence there and it didn't make much sense. What I was trying to say is USMC boot is more than likely going to be harder physically. I had plenty of USMC buddies and they all had hurting legs every night like I did though. They do get you in some awsome shape at OCSA and they want you very thin there also which is good due to the very long runs all over the county.

Leave a comment:

• Matto
    replied
    Originally posted by pkagel
    Well, I had blisters and my legs needed to be soaked every nicht after a pt session. I was in the Navy and OCSA was much harder. I don't know how USMC boot would compare physically but my guess is it would be harder physically but mentally easier.
    Hmph, well, maybe we'll get lucky and someone who's done both will chime in...

Leave a comment:

• Welpe
    replied
    Edit: Had a legit question related to this thread but it is against the rules...

Leave a comment:

• MAD_MAX333
    replied
    I have dual citizenship for both US and Canada

Leave a comment:

• retired
    replied
    Originally posted by DUI_eliminator
    Hey, Retired you are correct. I have been reading the Grand Jury reports. The OCSD does not pay into their retirement or medical. They are also not in PERS. Too many people collecting and not enough money going in. I work for another agency in Orange County. We are in PERS and have 3% at 50. We just recently began paying part of the contribution. I have no problem doing so because the retirement is still better than what the rest of working America is getting. And to get off the subject a little, who wants to spend 7 years in the jail. I did not become a cop to work the jail for 1/4 of my career.
    I hope you are able to maintain your 3 at 50, because more and more agencies throughout California are starting to feel the liability. As you so aptly said, not enough coming in, too much going out.

Leave a comment:

• pkagel
    replied
    Well, I had blisters and my legs needed to be soaked every nicht after a pt session. I was in the Navy and OCSA was much harder. I don't know how USMC boot would compare physically but my guess is it would be harder physically but mentally easier.

I was just touching on the part about I guess the "toughness" of the academy compared to boot camp.

Leave a comment:

• lsmalibu
    replied
    Depends on what your point of view is. Once you've been through boot camp it is almost like a slap in the face to be treated like that ever again. This is the wrong attitude that I had when I was there.
    I would agree with this whole-heartedly. That's why I chose an academy that was a little more laid-back instead of in-your-face like Alameda County SA. It's good for people who've never had that experience to help them lose the attitudes and develop some discipline, but if you've been there, done that and got the t-shirt, it would be kind of aggravating.

Of course, if I had to do go through a boot-camp type academy, I'd do it.

Leave a comment:

• Matto
    replied
    Depends on what your point of view is. Once you've been through boot camp it is almost like a slap in the face to be treated like that ever again. This is the wrong attitude that I had when I was there.
    I was just touching on the part about I guess the "toughness" of the academy compared to boot camp.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3968 users online. 249 members and 3719 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X