Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I had blisters and my legs needed to be soaked every nicht after a pt session. I was in the Navy and OCSA was much harder. I don't know how USMC boot would compare physically but my guess is it would be harder physically but mentally easier.

Originally posted by Matto
    I was just touching on the part about I guess the "toughness" of the academy compared to boot camp.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by DUI_eliminator
      Hey, Retired you are correct. I have been reading the Grand Jury reports. The OCSD does not pay into their retirement or medical. They are also not in PERS. Too many people collecting and not enough money going in. I work for another agency in Orange County. We are in PERS and have 3% at 50. We just recently began paying part of the contribution. I have no problem doing so because the retirement is still better than what the rest of working America is getting. And to get off the subject a little, who wants to spend 7 years in the jail. I did not become a cop to work the jail for 1/4 of my career.
      I hope you are able to maintain your 3 at 50, because more and more agencies throughout California are starting to feel the liability. As you so aptly said, not enough coming in, too much going out.
      Retired

Comment

I have dual citizenship for both US and Canada

Comment

Edit: Had a legit question related to this thread but it is against the rules...
          Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
            Well, I had blisters and my legs needed to be soaked every nicht after a pt session. I was in the Navy and OCSA was much harder. I don't know how USMC boot would compare physically but my guess is it would be harder physically but mentally easier.
            Hmph, well, maybe we'll get lucky and someone who's done both will chime in...

Comment

BTW, I re-read my sentence there and it didn't make much sense. What I was trying to say is USMC boot is more than likely going to be harder physically. I had plenty of USMC buddies and they all had hurting legs every night like I did though. They do get you in some awsome shape at OCSA and they want you very thin there also which is good due to the very long runs all over the county.
              "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Please be reminded that if YOU ARE NOT A COP or in LAW ENFORCEMENT, you are NOT to reply to posts in the "Ask a Cop" section.

Thank you
                sigpic
                The Web's Source for Law Enforcement
                PM for Technical Support or visit our contact page.

Comment

Hmph, well, maybe we'll get lucky and someone who's done both will chime in...
                  See post #23.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan Switek
                    See post #23.
                    I was asking a question.

Comment

I was asking a question.
                      Reply #14 is not a question. Follow the rules.

Comment

Reply #14 is not a question. Follow the rules.
                        I'm good. Thanks for caring.

Comment

I was asking a question.
                          #14, 21 & 25 were not questions. Follow the rules.

Comment

#14, 21 & 25 were not questions. Follow the rules.
                            Refer back to #27.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5330 users online. 282 members and 5048 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X