Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squad51
    well first you have to get hired as cop
    then you have to prove you are a good cop who is aggresive and makes good tactical decisions. Then you can test for K9 ussualy 3-7 years into your career...good luck

WHAT HE SAID^^^^^^^..
    Make the coffe first...Soon you will be able to control your own destiny it takes time..
    www.swornpigs.com
    ((Everybody's Got A Plan Until They Get Hit))

Comment

Originally posted by Centurion44
      Maybe by "not get you promoted" he meant Emperor of the World. Which is what I'm going to be some day.

Vegas, Good luck with that. I thought about being K9 til I saw how much they have to work. It's the cloest thing I've seen to a 24 hour a day job in our line of work. It's something you've really got to want. I'd follow the advice already given. Be a cop first. Who knows? You may finding something else you like even more. Just go one step at a time. Good luck!

good god what is it about work that you don't like......wish her good luck and quit harping about how muuuch WOrk it is...do you and squad51 work in the same department.
      "here's to us and those like us .....damn few left"

Comment

Originally posted by narc
        good god what is it about work that you don't like......wish her good luck and quit harping about how muuuch WOrk it is...do you and squad51 work in the same department.
        What about work I don't like? I'm a mercenary at heart and I don't like working and not getting paid for it. That, and I'm lazy.
        Last edited by Centurion44; 07-16-2005, 12:59 AM.
        You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

Originally posted by Centurion44
          What about work I don't like? I'm a mercenary at heart and I don't like working and not getting paid for it. That, and I'm lazy.

okay...just clarifying that your lazy (you said it)

ooh let me add on what got left out of the post.. you actually wrote...

"What about work I don't like? I'm a mercenary at heart and I don't like working and not getting paid for it. If your dumb enough to work and not get paid for it, then your employer is very lucky indeed."

I'm not completely dumb...i've got OT slips to prove it and a real flexable work schedule because good bosses in the type of unit that I work in.... know that crooks don't clock out at 5 and take the weekends off. sometimes you might have to a little extra work (drive by a dopers house on the way home to see what cars are out front)to make a case fly......every dope cop i've ever met ( my personal experience mind you) has done this a couple of times in their career.

ooh well.....I guess narcs are all dumb then
          Last edited by narc; 07-16-2005, 01:35 AM.
          "here's to us and those like us .....damn few left"

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy
            I've never heard of departments using female cainies for tracking. There have been some drug/bomb sniffers that are female. I figure it may depend on the breed.

TGY

A female handler...not a female dog.

Comment

I love work, I am considered to be one of the more aggressive cops in my current agency, its just that with a one year old son my off duty time is very important to me right now and even though K9 would be frigging great I am not willing to devote that time to my agency at this time. Also I was trying to get accross to megan that K9 is not easy, its not just "playing" with the dog...IT IS A TON OF work ask any K9 handler they will aggree with.. sheesh
              Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3049 users online. 165 members and 2884 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X