Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for all your help. I'm going to check to see how I can join the Minnetonka volunteer fire department. Just to see what it would take to get in and what the requirements are.

Comment

Getting hired in an area you know...

It's great to know your area...but if you happen to be from that area...I wouldn't wprk there...unless it's the only dept. hiring...just my opinion but after I'm off shift I don't want all my neighbors and anyone else in the city/area asking for help when I'm off shift...and with a car in the drive way it happens...working for a dept. that is out of where you live you can just refer the requests for help to the local dept...you have to have a break now and then...even though the saying goes "Officer...24/7"

Comment

1. Most departments have single-cop patrols, correct? I hardly ever see two cops in one car. Does it depend on the area or what? I have always wondered about that.
        *****It depends on your department....shift...and union.....2 man cruisers are ideal....but lets get real...1 man cars have the public fooled that more are patrolling!!
        2. Is it best to wait to get hired and then go through the academy or should you go and pay yourself through it and then try to find a job?
        *****depends on the department...bigger cities have there own academies...smaller departments depend on you to get your own certifications
        3. What kind of pranks do they pull on the rookies?
        *****dont worry about them...its all good....
        4. A 20-21 year old fresh out of a 2 year community college. Would any kind of department be interested in hiring me? I don't have any miltary background, nor does my family want at this time (with the war and all). I have a complete clean background, not even a moving violation and I'm in pretty good shape.
        ******always helps if you have the family supporting you...they will iterview them...and the more support you have ..the more likely you will pass
        5. This might be the stupidest question of all them for you guys but to me it's the most important. Is it rewarding? When you go to bed at night do you sit back and know that you made a difference? I know the pay sucks and sometimes the hours kill but being a cop has always been a dream of mine and I just want to know if it's as fulfilling as I think it is. All those other questions I can make it through, if I want something bad enough I'll go after it. But I just need to know if you guys, who are in the profession, think it's worth while.
        ***********THe job is fun....and you will make some very rewarding friendships within you department......sometimes you will feel a reward....but just remember...you will make friends forever

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2459 users online. 161 members and 2298 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X