Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooper88
    replied
    i've been curious about this myself. my husband and i have been together since i was 16. he was 20 at the time. now my younger sister (16) is dating a boy the same age difference as me and my husband. i got married 6 weeks after my 18 birthday. but i'm curious, if he and i were still 16 and 20, would that be legal?

Leave a comment:

• mrkoje
    replied
    Originally posted by usafcop64528
    Sorry, but based on your first post I don't think much of your parents judgement
    Neither do I and I think if the parents knew and supported it then they should be charged with willfully endangering a child. Or stupidity! No matter what his/her intentions a 25yr old has no business hanging around a 15yr old WHATSOEVER.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• usafcop64528
    replied
    Originally posted by Juvenile
    When I was 15 I dated a 25 yr old nobody thought it was creepy, including my parents.
    Sorry, but based on your first post I don't think much of your parents judgement

Leave a comment:

• usafcop64528
    replied
    Originally posted by 72na55
    That is to his "cusins" you mean? Isn't that a picture you would love to have in your mind. This outstanding young man arriving at your doorway to pick up your daughter....I mean.....sitting in his car honking the horn FOR your daughter......
    Yeah, I think he'd prolly be introduced to my bare knuckles, or chased off by combo of dads 12 guage and my .500 magnum

Leave a comment:

• tpcop007
    replied
    When I was 15 I dated a 25 yr old nobody thought it was creepy, including my parents.
    That's because your from Alabama!!!

jk

Leave a comment:

• 72na55
    replied
    sp

Originally posted by usafcop64528
    Yeah no ****. Or to his cousin's...

That is to his "cusins" you mean? Isn't that a picture you would love to have in your mind. This outstanding young man arriving at your doorway to pick up your daughter....I mean.....sitting in his car honking the horn FOR your daughter......

Leave a comment:

• Chiller
    replied
    Originally posted by orlandofed5-0
    Be glad you dont live in Hawaii or Mississippi where the age of consent is 14.

12 in Delaware

Leave a comment:

• orlandofed5-0
    replied
    Be glad you dont live in Hawaii or Mississippi where the age of consent is 14.

Leave a comment:

• FeatherStorm5
    replied
    Not to question your ability to seduce the opposite sex but what in the hell was the 25yr old thinking?
    You have to consider the fact that most 15 year olds do not LOOK or ACT like 15. In most cases, it's the 15 YO who lies to the older person by saying that he/she is over 18, as I did on a couple of occassions (with the way they look, who would think otherwise?). One guy found out about my lie...but he didn't care, thankfully. When I was in high school, I never dated a guy my own age--they were all 30+. (I absolutely refused to give a "kid" in my age group the time of day. They're all so immature and childish.). I basically hid all of this from my mother, and lied like a salesman selling flies, about who and where I'd be with/going. (If you honestly think your kids don't lie to you about this sort of thing, think again.).

I related better with adults than I did with kids my own age and that holds true today. I'm 22 and I'm engaged to a 40 YO. (Isn't he the lucky one, I make him feel like a 22 YO ) He graduated from highschool the year I was born. Our friendship turned into 'more' when I was 19. My friends are all over 30 or at least in their upper 20's.

I saw someone mention on a recent thread how they couldn't understand how 2 people could love each other if they weren't in high school together, meaning they grew up in 2 completely different worlds and they'd have nothing in common. I know many couples who's ages vary greatly and they're probably more happy than other couples I know who are closer in age (opposites attract!). Spaces between ages just work better for some people, even if the law disagrees. (Yes, I'm a serious CJ student...this topic is just something I feel very strongly about).

Leave a comment:

• royhobes
    replied
    I think an exemption is if she is your sister.

Leave a comment:

• mrkoje
    replied
    Not to question your ability to seduce the opposite sex but what in the hell was the 25yr old thinking? Your parents knew about that? Sounds very irresponsible actions on your parents. Were they at all concerned?

My god!

Leave a comment:

• mrkoje
    replied
    Originally posted by Tennsix
    16 is the age of consent in Indiana. However, I do not recommend that you test the statute. There are variables that can still make it illegal to have sex with a 16 year old.

I hope you brought you umbrella for the coming **** storm.

Exactly! Even though the statute may say that the age of consent is 16 years old it might have a provision in there that also says if the girl is still in high school (which she should be) or still living with her parents (which she also should be) then the age of consent of 16 no longer applies.

Besides, if you are 19 in college and are curious about the law either you or someone you know were thinking about it. My advice, don't even try! The risk, over a young girl would not be worth an ounce of trouble that would come from it.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• usafcop64528
    replied
    I wish I knew what city he is in so I can scan the arrest blotter. I bet he just bought a bag of candy and is on his way to the playground as we speak.
    Yeah no ****. Or to his cousin's...

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    I wish I knew what city he is in so I can scan the arrest blotter. I bet he just bought a bag of candy and is on his way to the playground as we speak.

Leave a comment:

• Lucky Seven
    replied
    Are you the fraternity risk management officer?

You kill me !!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3905 users online. 239 members and 3666 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X