300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, finally!! What should I expect?

I finally got the call a few minutes ago for my background investigation for the Nampa Police Department in Idaho (This is actually my dream department). I was told on the phone by the Sergeant, that I only need to bring my I.D. and I need to be prepared to write. Emphasis on the word "write." I'm assuming that this will include a large background packet, that'll need to be filled out. Am I also right to assume that this will include my polygraph phase? What can and should I expect?

I know there's not much I can do to prepare. I've pretty much always been a straight arrow, so I'm not really worried about that. The worst things I've done were stealing G.I. Joes and baseball cards when I was 10. Then, when I was 14, I managed to be stupid enough to put a marijiuana butt in my mouth (Yes, it was just once). Should I be ready for anything?

(Sorry if this is an annoying question. I just want to do as well as I possibly can.)

Fill out a background packet online so you can get all your ducks in order before you go it.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Online? That option wasn't offered to me. Not only that, but their website doesn't have any packet like that available. Do you mean a practice packet?

Comment

Write only the truth and speak only the truth and you will be okay. Be aware those guys will have some of the honest answers from doing your background and going over your packet. If you lied they will catch it.

And good luck.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by irishpump
            Online? That option wasn't offered to me. Not only that, but their website doesn't have any packet like that available. Do you mean a practice packet?
            When I got my BI packet, I copied it. I then went and filled out the copy. After fixing mistakes, adding stuff, etc. I finally had a complete "guide" to fill out the original (which had to be the one handed in... they wouldn't accept a copy).

Comment

Originally posted by irishpump

You can go to just about any large dept.'s website and they should have an e-copy. Since all BG packets are pretty much the same you can just fill it out, and use it as a template so you dont miss anything.

Great job and good luck.

*Not a LEO*

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4898 users online. 309 members and 4589 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X