300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What threw you off...?

The most during your polygraph? What question did they ask where it took a bit to think of something? Just curious.

Poly

It was that body I helped bury. It wasn't like I killed them or anything, just helped. Man did they beat me up on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken K
      It was that body I helped bury. It wasn't like I killed them or anything, just helped. Man did they beat me up on that.
      Damn, that will get ya every time.
      RIP Brett Thompson, 17, 09/12/1989-09/14/2006

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

Originally posted by usafcop64528
        Damn, that will get ya every time.
        Well, that and the three prong needle they insert between your anus and your...never mind.

The blood pressure cup, measuring your respirations and galvonic (or galvanic) skin response didn't bother me. But OH that needle thing!

Comment

I must have had polygraph on the mind, but I meant oral review board. I dunno how you get those mixed but.

Comment

When I took the oral w/ LAPD and they kept asking me about working with people of different races. I told them I had just left the Navy and had worked for, with and been the supervisor of about every race out there, no problems.
            "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

We were interviewing an applicant when that question was asked. The applicant looked directly at me (I was the only black officer on the panel, the other officers were white) and said,

Comment

[QUOTE=Tennsix]We were interviewing an applicant when that question was asked. The applicant looked directly at me (I was the only black officer on the panel, the other officers were white) and said,

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
                  When I took the oral w/ LAPD and they kept asking me about working with people of different races. I told them I had just left the Navy and had worked for, with and been the supervisor of about every race out there, no problems.
                  Thats an interesting question, not exactly one that I would think would throw me off too much though. I think I'd go into I've worked side by side with black people and hispanics and have developed friendships with them as well. Not sure how that answer would be percieved but eh. One that I think would throw me off would be something like give 6 words to describe a police officer. Because I'd have a hard time coming up with 6 different words.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken K
                    Well, that and the three prong needle they insert between your anus and your...never mind.

The blood pressure cup, measuring your respirations and galvonic (or galvanic) skin response didn't bother me. But OH that needle thing!
                    I've never taken a poly so you had better be ****tin me

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

id be more worried about the physical exam by the doc,,just make sure both hands are not on your shoulders

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
                        id be more worried about the physical exam by the doc,,just make sure both hands are not on your shoulders
                        Been there done that And sure as hell don't want to go back. Military doctors are ruthless and sadistic and will do whatever they can given the chance.

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

i didnt even get dinner and a movie,,,i felt cheap

Comment

Did he call the next morning?

Comment

nope!!!! th [email protected]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2974 users online. 150 members and 2824 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X