300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wildwdtour

Anybody check his profile ? It is a bit confusing at best.

Smells like BS to me.
    "I only had a couple!"

Comment

I"m still the FNG around here, but let me add my .02....

I agree. How can a 20 year old be a sworn officer and a service advisor? Never heard of that title. Could it be that he's (1) a Service Advisor in a Law Enforcement Explorer Post; or (2) a Wannabe?

We had a guy on my last ship, a nuc carrier in San Diego, who claimed that the FR in front of his name stood for Fire and Rescue. Seemed like when we were sitting xxx miles off the coast of Pakistan putting steel on target in Afghanistan, he was sending e-mail home to mama saying he went in after the flyboys who were shot down. His "last mission" on a helo took over 40 hits to the fuselage but they still managed to fly. Mama shared e-mails with an uncle who threw upthe BS flag, and in turn wrote the Command Master Chief (CMC) of the ship. One $hithead E1 had e-mail privileges pulled for one month.

One month later, he was at it again. Now I didn't feel sorry for the $hithead, but I did feel sorry for his mom, a Fed DOJ - BOP employee. Staff from her prison contributed more than a few bucks to send him a really nice care package or two. This time the uncle CALLED the CMC. Needless to say, one $hithead was up in front of the Chief Engineer and the XO, had his e-mail privileges suspended for two months, but not before he had to write a complete apology and confession to all he'd sent the BS too. DId I mention that his CHief (Chief Petty Officer) had a big piece of his @$$ before the CHENG and XO got a hold of him? I hear the Chief brought tears to his eyes and a noticeable trmble to his knees!

This 20 year-old sworn officer service advisor reminds me of the guy from the ship.
      Ken
      I must go down to the seas again to the vagrant gypsy life, To the gull's way and the whale's way where the wind's like a whetted knife; And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover, and quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick's over.

Comment

Hey Chief, good story. I know you Chiefs can rip some @$$, got mine ripped a few times by your brothers. Remember the good old days when you went out to sea w/o women, phones, email and barely got mail?

We had a guy in my A school class show up with extra ribbons, helo jump wings, ect, ect. Said he earned them in the Army Reserve. Nobody believed him or trusted him from that point. I made it a point to copy one of my favorite Chiefs and usually only wore my top 3 ribbons. No need in looking like a war hero. I saved that title for the old sailor across the street who enlisted in 1940. I could listen to his sea stories over and over all day. I'll miss the guy may he RIP.

You'll enjoy an article written by one of the guys from my old ship. He wrote it several years after he left the Navy. http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33131

PK USN 90-98
        "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

PK,

I've read that piece in more than one incarnation - makes for a good read every time. I don't know if I'll ever be as crusty as some of the other goats out there, but yes, I can still chew when needed.

Agree with the bit about not looking like a war hero. I wear my top three on a daily basis, only pull out the full set when in a dress uniform or have a VIp coming over. Hell, half the time I don't even wear both warfare pins.

Best of luck with your hiring process - let us know how it goes!
          Ken
          I must go down to the seas again to the vagrant gypsy life, To the gull's way and the whale's way where the wind's like a whetted knife; And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover, and quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick's over.

Comment

i ALREADY TRIED CHANGING IT. i AM NOT A SWORN OFFICER. i WILL CHANGE IT AGAIN.
            Smile and Wait for Flash

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3810 users online. 257 members and 3553 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X