Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marine w/ Tattoos and LE will I still be able to get hired

Hello Ladies and Gents,
    Got a question for those that are cops and know their depts. policy on tattoos. I will be getting out of the Marines and will be seeking a LE job. I have several tattoos a sleeve on my right arm and some on my left arm, none of my tattoos are offensive in nature and set a negative message. I am looking for a job in these states hopefully, CO,TX,UT, maybe in NM depends but if anyone can help me would be greatly appreciated thanks again.
    Sgt Auker/ USMC

Oh, look, this topic has been brought up before.
    You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

A quick answer , at least for my agency, would be that if the tat's aren't offensive and are on your arms, you wouldn't be DQ'd. Any on your neck, or face would rule you out.
      Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

I hope you like wearing long sleeve shirts in the summer!
        "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
        John Stuart Mill

Comment

Originally posted by AUKERUSMC
          Hello Ladies and Gents,
          Got a question for those that are cops and know their depts. policy on tattoos. I will be getting out of the Marines and will be seeking a LE job. I have several tattoos a sleeve on my right arm and some on my left arm, none of my tattoos are offensive in nature and set a negative message. I am looking for a job in these states hopefully, CO,TX,UT, maybe in NM depends but if anyone can help me would be greatly appreciated thanks again.
          Sgt Auker/ USMC
          I know a lot of the guy's on my department and on the city pd have tattoos. It is not really a big deal. In fact the PD just hired a guy with multiple tattoos on his lower arms, one of the tatt's is a naked woman with flames around her. Check out the department to see what there reg's are. I don't know of to many in Colorado that actually have reg's regarding tattoos.

Comment

Oohrah Sgt Auker

I just got out of the Corps as a Sgt and am now looking for a LE job in TX. I am turning in my background packet this morning so hopfully everything goes peachy with that.

Semper Fi

Sgt Kojetin

Comment

This coming from a former Marine Corporal.......

What is it with Marines and tatooes????? Or maybe it's a Sergeant of Marines issue?

Just ribbin' you guys. Ooh Rah. Semper Fi
              If you won't stand behind our troops, PLEASE, feel free to stand in front of them.

If you won't get an *** whoopin' with me, you're gonna get one from me---stolen

www.sportbikes.net

Comment

Ya maybe it is... I have 3 tats, two of which I got in Okinawa. I don't mind them but as they say, "If I knew what I know now, back then...."

Comment

Ahhh! the ubiquitious question of indible ink. Ma'ma told you not to do it, but you didn't listen, and now, it may cost you a LE career.

If you were in CA., as long as the tajuates are not offensive or degrading you should be ok. But if you find yourself in the process with 2 or 3 agencies and your finding yourself having a hard time getting hired, I would ask the background Inv. "Is the tatoo a problem?" They may select another applicant with the same qualification or better for the position because they are not tatted up.

My buddy from L.B. PD had 6 tats on his body. 2 on the forearm "Devil dog"
                  2 on his back...."more marine tats" and 2 on his calves "Marine stuff" and he was hired.

You better pray, that one of your oral or BI is an ex marine,...ooops sorry, former marine.......

visit: www.****************************
                  Good Luck and Test Well!
                  Author of: How to become a peace officer by Wayne LeQuang (google it)

L.B.P.D. Academy #75
                  6 month of pain, for a 30 year career.

visit: youtube.com "Black Monday" Great Video from LASD.

Comment

Another former Jarhead here, just got out as a Corporal on June 30th. Like the others have said, just ask. Some departments do not mind while other have strict regulations against Tat's that are visible when in a summer uniform (short sleeves). I'm just lucky LOL... I never got any, even in Oki.
                    sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5982 users online. 346 members and 5636 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X