300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stealing

I have searched the forums, and haven't discovered much about theft. Back when I was 15 (I'm 19 currently) I stole a DVD from a store. Stupid decision I made when I was younger. I was not caught. My question is, is this theft likely to put a damper on my Law Enforcement career goals? How would you compare someone like me to someone who, say, did MJ when they were younger? As I have sworn off all deviant behavior since my decision to become a Police Officer, I hope this does not affect my aspirations, but, life actions have consequences, so I fear that it will. Any input is appreciated!

Just be upfront and honest about it, you won't have any problems. Just don't lie about it. You might not make through on your first try so do not get discouraged.

Comment

I don't plan on lying about it, as that will most likely lead me right to an auto DQ if they found out!

Comment

Originally posted by xcobrax
        I don't plan on lying about it, as that will most likely lead me right to an auto DQ if they found out!
        I would say you age is your biggest hurdle. Most PD's will not hire a 19 year old. A lot of PD's will not hire someone under 23.

That just means youhave time to finish school first

Comment

If this is any help, on my recent psych test, there is a questions(they are all true or false) The question is something to the effect:

When I was a child, I sometimes stole.

Now, anyone that says false, is a freaking liar. Dude, you were 15, I wouldn't worry about it, as long as the behavior didn't continue to later years.
          If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

Comment

I am starting my 1st college semester this fall. I don't plan on attempting to get hired untill I graduate with my associates and POST certification (I recieve both with the dual enrollment program I'm in) which will be around 21. From what Bodie said in another thread, where I live (Ohio) it is likely your certification will expire before you are hired, but for roughly the same price as my associates I am getting both. So, Bodie, my question is this: If I become a sworn Auxillary Deputy Sheriff, will this hold my certification current untill I get hired somewhere ?

Comment

Originally posted by xcobrax
              I am starting my 1st college semester this fall. I don't plan on attempting to get hired untill I graduate with my associates and POST certification (I recieve both with the dual enrollment program I'm in) which will be around 21. From what Bodie said in another thread, where I live (Ohio) it is likely your certification will expire before you are hired, but for roughly the same price as my associates I am getting both. So, Bodie, my question is this: If I become a sworn Auxillary Deputy Sheriff, will this hold my certification current untill I get hired somewhere ?
              What is this certification you speak of?

Comment

When you go through an academy, you become eligible for OPOTA Certification. It stands for Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy. Once you take the test and pass, you are considered a ceertified Peace officer in the state of Ohio. From here, you can get hired by a lot of smaller departments who would rather their applicants be certified allready than have to send and pay for them. Some departments in my area require it, others (such as Columbus, Toledo) do not, and they send you to their own academy. What I am interested in knowing is if Becomming a sworn auxillary officer is considered comissioned, and if it will hold my OPOTA certification current untill I find a paid position.

Comment

Oh alright, I gotcha. Thanks.

Comment

The only thing regarding that situation that would put a damper on your LE career is dishonesty !

Comment

Thank you all for your responses.

Comment

Don't worry about it. You were 15, "15" young, immature, stupid and a kid. Just tell the BI all and you should be ok.

Even if you were caught and convicted, it is only a misd. Low grade misd.

"YOU lie , you die."

www.****************************
                        Good Luck and Test Well!
                        Author of: How to become a peace officer by Wayne LeQuang (google it)

L.B.P.D. Academy #75
                        6 month of pain, for a 30 year career.

visit: youtube.com "Black Monday" Great Video from LASD.

Comment

Yes

The answer to your question should be yes. At least in my area, as long as you keep up your POST training hours, you keep your cert. I would think it would be that way everywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2398 users online. 126 members and 2272 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X